Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mid-Engine Invasion - Official thread - April 21-22, 2017, WE NEED a BAR-B-QUE HEAD COUNT
stevegm
post Mar 22 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,633
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 22 2017, 12:27 PM) *

How do we find Bob's house? You guys are the bomb for doing this.....cannot wait. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

I just added his address to the first post. I wanted to make sure he was ok with me posting it before I put it in the post.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lvnzdrm
post Mar 23 2017, 03:53 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 15,452
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I am planning on driving up Friday AM. I look forward to meeting everyone. Please add my name to the list. If anyone wants to meet and drive in from the South let me know.

Jon
+Quote Post
struckn
post Mar 23 2017, 08:18 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 13,764

QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 18 2017, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 18 2017, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Mar 18 2017, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 18 2017, 10:18 AM) *

I have not been following the show part of the event since we first went down, but I would love to hear the illogic of putting 914's in with boxsters.

Seems three classes would do then
Rear engine
Mid engine
Water cooled

Or, there could be two classes
Us
Them

I have discussed it with PCA a number of times. The answer is that, given the small number on Boxster and Cayman entrants, there are not a sufficient number of cars to split the class. It will remain a mid-engine class. There is nothing we can do about that, shirt of each of us taking our 914 and a Boxster or Cayman too, so they have enough to split it up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

not valid.
how many 356 show? 4-5?

I didn't say it was a good answer. It is just the one they always give me.

I think another good argument would be the age, or era of the 914's, verses the newer Boxster/Caymans. We basically are showing Antique Porsche's and there should be a special award.
+Quote Post
TM_Corey
post Mar 23 2017, 03:30 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 19,809
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Looks like I will probably be there by the 6pm dinner on Friday.

So will my wife be scolded for following us in Saturday morning in the 911S? We are planning on bringing both cars with a kiddo in each car. Should be a blast of a trip!!

Hopefully my 914 runs well. It will only have been on the road for a week or two from its resto-driver rebuild and motor rebuild.
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Mar 25 2017, 09:45 AM
Post #45

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

I plan to be at the bar b que with a +1 but probably won't make the drive. Not sure all those little cars could keep up with my Duramax!

Shoe
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
TM_Corey
post Mar 29 2017, 07:44 AM
Post #46

Not looking good for me! My car will be done, but the bumpers promised to me in 6 weeks are now shipping in "16" weeks. Doesn't look like I'll have them until the end of May. This sucks...
+Quote Post
BillC
post Mar 29 2017, 11:04 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 18,667

QUOTE(TM_Corey @ Mar 29 2017, 09:44 AM) *

Not looking good for me! My car will be done, but the bumpers promised to me in 6 weeks are now shipping in "16" weeks. Doesn't look like I'll have them until the end of May. This sucks...

What bumpers are you waiting for? I have a spare set of bumpers that came off a '74, that I was going to eventually repaint and install on my car. I can loan them to you until you get the ones you ordered. Or, I'll sell them to you for what I paid. The "catch" is that they need to be painted -- the front is currently maroon-ish and the rear is bare steel.
+Quote Post
TM_Corey
post Mar 29 2017, 12:54 PM
Post #48

QUOTE(BillC @ Mar 29 2017, 11:04 AM) *

QUOTE(TM_Corey @ Mar 29 2017, 09:44 AM) *

What bumpers are you waiting for? I have a spare set of bumpers that came off a '74, that I was going to eventually repaint and install on my car. I can loan them to you until you get the ones you ordered. Or, I'll sell them to you for what I paid. The "catch" is that they need to be painted -- the front is currently maroon-ish and the rear is bare steel.

I appreciate the offer, if I cant come up with a local solution I'll definitely PM you. I'm waiting on a stainless steel set of early type bumpers without bumperette holes.

I'll be coming regardless, just won't be in the car unless I can find a bumper set to at least borrow.

Maybe wooden bumpers would work... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Mar 31 2017, 08:29 AM
Post #49

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

I don't know if Linda and I will make it in time for the BBQ. If we can't, how can we meet up along the route? Will the directions be posted later? Thanks.
+Quote Post
rgolia
post Mar 31 2017, 08:38 AM
Post #50

GeoJoe

Member No.: 11,329
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 31 2017, 10:29 AM) *

I don't know if Linda and I will make it in time for the BBQ. If we can't, how can we meet up along the route? Will the directions be posted later? Thanks.

Len - do you or Linda have an iphone? If so I can give you my number and we can use the tracking feature for you to find us.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Mar 31 2017, 12:44 PM
Post #51

Linda does. Do you need an app to do this?
+Quote Post
saigon71
post Mar 31 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 10,428

QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 31 2017, 10:29 AM) *

I'll post the directions with addresses for checkpoints a few days before the event.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Mar 31 2017, 02:49 PM
Post #53

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Will anyone have an open seat for Fridays fun? Brad and I both are looking for one. Since I will have the F250 & trailer kind of hard to follow along. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) We are staying at the lovey knights inn, but We could meat up somewhere as long as there is room for me to leave the truck & trailer there.
+Quote Post
rgolia
post Mar 31 2017, 03:17 PM
Post #54

GeoJoe

QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 31 2017, 02:44 PM) *

Len - the app I use is find my friends and it is free. We just need to delete each other after the event or I will know Linda's every move and she will know mine and the later is no good in case she ever meets my wife. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
914dave
post Mar 31 2017, 05:02 PM
Post #55

914 Addict

Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 31 2017, 04:49 PM) *

Will anyone have an open seat for Fridays fun? Brad and I both are looking for one. Since I will have the F250 & trailer kind of hard to follow along. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) We are staying at the lovey knights inn, but We could meat up somewhere as long as there is room for me to leave the truck & trailer there.

Garold
I have an open seat. I'll warn you , they're Konigs. Widened 2" but still Konigs. I'm cutting it pretty close on assembly. Should have the bugs sorted and be able to participate. If it turns out I don't get it done, I'll give you a heads up.
Dave
PS Found Millie"s autograph on my 914 cover. Gives me a little chuckle everytime I fold it up.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Mar 31 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 31 2017, 05:17 PM) *

Len - the app I use is find my friends and it is free. We just need to delete each other after the event or I will know Linda's every move and she will know mine and the later is no good in case she ever meets my wife. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Is it "Find My Friends" by Family Safety production? There are several with that name.
+Quote Post
rgolia
post Apr 1 2017, 07:07 AM
Post #57

GeoJoe

QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 31 2017, 08:13 PM) *

QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 31 2017, 05:17 PM) *

Is it "Find My Friends" by Family Safety production? There are several with that name.

Len - sent you a PM.

Garold, I have a passenger with me as of now, but he could bail. Keep you posted.
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Apr 1 2017, 07:18 AM
Post #58

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042

As of now I'm planning on being there for the Friday drive, BBQ at Bob's, and dinner on Friday. My wife was originally going to come with me but has to stay home with my daughter now. I asked my neighbor / friend, a Mustang guy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif), if he wanted to tag along and see real sports cars. He seemed doubtful (even after I offered to switch the hotel room back to a single king bed for the both of us - go figure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ).

Bottom line, good chance I'll be solo and have a seat available, but won't know until closer to the date.
+Quote Post
dudzy's914
post Apr 1 2017, 07:49 AM
Post #59

The youngin'

Member No.: 16,784

Hey all, since Dudzy's914 is on the road, we plan to be there. Planning on doing the Friday drive, meeting at Bobs house by 12:30. We will be trailering it to PA and driving from there. I will probably be driving, and dad driving the truck and trailer behind and can have a tool kit. That means I will have an empty seat if anybody needs a ride. Also plan on meeting to drive into the park. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

-Finn
+Quote Post
TM_Corey
post Apr 1 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #60

I'm back in with the 914!

My mechanic is taking bumpers off his personal car and letting me borrow them for the month I'm waiting on mine to come in. How cool is that??

I'm going to owe him a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:36 PM