Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 antennas and antenna keys, Anyone know more about these
914Next
post Mar 12 2017, 01:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Someone posted the Facebook Porsche914 page about how many have their red valet keys yet. As I responded I also mentioned and shared a pic of the antenna keys (used to raise the antenna when it is in the fully down position) on my keychain. Someone asked if these are original.

I know the antenna is original to my car when the radio was installed at the dealer. I believe it's a bosch antenna (?). Anyone know more about the antenna's installed on our cars and did they all have the antenna with the antenna key?

Thanks

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 12 2017, 02:34 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Steve,

The antennas were mostly added by dealers, & there were several makes which they sold. Some didn't have keys - i.e.: just a plain basic pull up antenna with no locking function.

While I got my 73 2L from the original owner in 75, he didn't pass along a key to me initially, then I found a replacement key at the dealer, & then he found the original & I got it too - but I never really used them to lock the antenna back then. I have no idea which old key-chain has those keys on it, but just another thing to hunt down in my boxes later on. I think mine was a Hirschmann too.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
914Next
post Mar 12 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 12 2017, 04:34 PM) *

Steve,

The antennas were mostly added by dealers, & there were several makes which they sold. Some didn't have keys - i.e.: just a plain basic pull up antenna with no locking function.

While I got my 73 2L from the original owner in 75, he didn't pass along a key to me initially, then I found a replacement key at the dealer, & then he found the original & I got it too - but I never really used them to lock the antenna back then. I have no idea which old key-chain has those keys on it, but just another thing to hunt down in my boxes later on. I think mine was a Hirschmann too.

Tom
///////

Thanks Tom. Actually I didn't even realize they lock!! I thought it was just to use to pull the mast up. I'll have to check that out. Learn something new everyday here.
+Quote Post
wes
post Mar 13 2017, 09:55 AM
Post #4

wes

Member No.: 8,436
Region Association: Northern California

I have that antenna also, anyone know where I can get one of those keys?
+Quote Post
914Next
post Mar 13 2017, 12:16 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(wes @ Mar 13 2017, 11:55 AM) *

I have that antenna also, anyone know where I can get one of those keys?

I have seen one or two on eBay but they come up very rarely. Good luck!
+Quote Post
914Next
post Mar 13 2017, 07:00 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(914Next @ Mar 12 2017, 04:48 PM) *

Steve,

Tom
///////

Thanks Tom. Actually I didn't even realize they lock!! I thought it was just to use to pull the mast up. I'll have to check that out. Learn something new everyday here.

Thanks, Tom. After doing a bit more research, mine is definitely a Bosch as the key (need to check the antenna base itself) has the Bosch logo on it.

I seem to have raised some interest in this key. A friend is now looking for one or two also. Anyone have one you are willing to sell? Thanks.

Steve
+Quote Post
smveril
post Apr 2 2017, 03:12 PM
Post #7

Mikey

Member No.: 3,232

QUOTE(914Next @ Mar 13 2017, 05:00 PM) *

Steve,

Tom
///////

Thanks, Tom. After doing a bit more research, mine is definitely a Bosch as the key (need to check the antenna base itself) has the Bosch logo on it.

I seem to have raised some interest in this key. A friend is now looking for one or two also. Anyone have one you are willing to sell? Thanks.

Steve

I bought a new Hirshmann antenna and it came with a key. The key is to tighten it when installing in the car.

Mike
+Quote Post
914Next
post Apr 2 2017, 04:06 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(smveril @ Apr 2 2017, 05:12 PM) *

QUOTE(914Next @ Mar 13 2017, 05:00 PM) *

Steve,

Tom
///////

Steve

I bought a new Hirshmann antenna and it came with a key. The key is to tighten it when installing in the car.

Mike

The key is actually to raise and lower the antenna and lock it in the down position.

Steve
+Quote Post
halmil
post May 3 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 14,585
Region Association: None

I have an antenna key for my car, However, it looks like a flathead screwdriver. No "claws".
+Quote Post
edrotol
post May 3 2017, 06:31 PM
Post #10

edrotol

Member No.: 5,910
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(914Next @ Mar 13 2017, 06:00 PM) *

Steve,

Tom
///////

Steve

I have 2 of these keys all original it looks like, just stashed away doing nothing.

How much is one of this really worth???
+Quote Post
914Next
post May 4 2017, 02:01 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(edrotol @ May 3 2017, 08:31 PM) *

QUOTE(914Next @ Mar 13 2017, 06:00 PM) *

Steve,

Tom
///////

Steve

I have 2 of these keys all original it looks like, just stashed away doing nothing.

How much is one of this really worth???

I don't think they are worth that much. Maybe $10-15? I'll PM you I'd be interested in buying.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:24 AM