Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS 73 Porsche 914 2.0 w/EFI - Phoenix Red, 1973 Porsche 914 2.0L for sale, asking $14,000/OBO.
Silverfish
post Mar 14 2017, 12:38 AM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,201
Region Association: Northern California

1973 Porsche 914 2.0L w/EFI for sale, asking $14,000/OBO.

A really clean car that is for the most part unmolested. I have some original paperwork for the car including the bill of sale, maintenance records. I have done a fair amount of work on the car since I've owned it (I purchased in 2010) such as regular oil/filter changes and tuneups. By no means perfect but its a car I would gladly take on a multiple day mountainous road trip (and have). The EFI is still alive and kicking, though the dual diaphragm (vac advance/retard) on the distributor is from a different year 2.0 and has a smaller range. The 73 year-only cannister is unobtanium so this was the best compromise I could come up with to keep the EFI alive. This causes the motor's idle to hunt a little for a brief period when it comes off the cold start circuit but idles evenly once warmed up.

Original color and most of the original paint but it has been repainted at some point in it's life (see some of the images showing the paint issues, mismatch and wear). Only a small amount of rust at the bottom of the drivers door, none in the footwells, front or rear trunk compartments (see images). The interior needs some work (dash has cracks) but some of it was redone in 2009 by previous owner (I have receipts for new carpets and door panels as well as other items). The seats are in great shape as well. The car has Fuchs 15" wheels (including the spare). The car still has both front and rear factory sway bars, the suspension is tight and makes no noises on the road. The center console is still functional and all three gauges are operational (the light on the ammeter is out, but the other two work). I have some extra parts and the original key.

I don't really want to get rid of it but after two hip surgeries I think I'm done trying to origami myself into it on a regular basis. Its a solid car and I just want it going to a good home.

If you have any questions or if there are specific images you'd like me to add to the photobucket link please let me know. There are a couple videos of it running on the photobucket link as well.

http://s453.photobucket.com/user/65Silverf...20Porsche%20914

I was told my link wasn't working. This should.......

Thanks for the post! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
liebe
post Mar 14 2017, 06:54 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 14,357
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Silverfish @ Mar 14 2017, 07:38 AM) *

A really clean car that is for the most part unmolested. I have some original paperwork for the car including the bill of sale, maintenance records. I have done a fair amount of work on the car since I've owned it (I purchased in 2010) such as regular oil/filter changes and tuneups. By no means perfect but its a car I would gladly take on a multiple day mountainous road trip (and have). The EFI is still alive and kicking, though the dual diaphragm (vac advance/retard) on the distributor is from a different year 2.0 and has a smaller range. The 73 year-only cannister is unobtanium so this was the best compromise I could come up with to keep the EFI alive. This causes the motor's idle to hunt a little for a brief period when it comes off the cold start circuit but idles evenly once warmed up.

Original color and most of the original paint but it has been repainted at some point in it's life (see some of the images showing the paint issues, mismatch and wear). Only a small amount of rust at the bottom of the drivers door, none in the footwells, front or rear trunk compartments (see images). The interior needs some work (dash has cracks) but some of it was redone in 2009 by previous owner (I have receipts for new carpets and door panels as well as other items). The seats are in great shape as well. The car has Fuchs 15" wheels (including the spare). The car still has both front and rear factory sway bars, the suspension is tight and makes no noises on the road. The center console is still functional and all three gauges are operational (the light on the ammeter is out, but the other two work). I have some extra parts and the original key.

I don't really want to get rid of it but after two hip surgeries I think I'm done trying to origami myself into it on a regular basis. Its a solid car and I just want it going to a good home.

If you have any questions or if there are specific images you'd like me to add to the photobucket link please let me know. There are a couple videos of it running on the photobucket link as well.

Sent you a PM
+Quote Post
ShawnB
post Mar 17 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #3

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 20,865
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Silverfish @ Mar 14 2017, 12:38 AM) *

I was told my link wasn't working. This should.......

Is your car still available?
+Quote Post
vitaminC
post Mar 19 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #4

searching...

Member No.: 12,121

QUOTE(ShawnB @ Mar 17 2017, 06:41 PM) *

Is your car still available?

It's still up on the local CL
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6043719008.html
+Quote Post
Silverfish
post Mar 23 2017, 11:36 AM
Post #5

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 12,201

SOLD!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!!!!!

Thanks 914 World!!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:47 PM