Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Goodbye, Farewell, Amen, Moving on
partsman
post Mar 19 2017, 11:36 AM
Post #1

forever hooked

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,726
Region Association: North East States

I sold my '73 yesterday, for just what I was asking for it. I've owned it for 18 years, and it was time to drive something else.

Attached Image
One last shot on the driveway.

My wife was pregnant with our youngest when I bought it, and it served me well. I was for a time, working in Porsche dealership parts departments, and I helped a lot of members out at both sites....I remember when there was only one site...I rememeber the help the guys who love these cars gave to a family who needed a van to get around. I helped members get VIN labels, straight from Germany. I bought ALL the stock of rear axles for 4 cylinder cars from Germany, and sold them to HPH....I seen and heard a lot.

And yet, I still chose to let it go. I had done a LOT of work on the car, but it was a driver. There were paint chips, and rust on the outer skin that never bothered me. I guess it was time to go when, after I didn't post it for sale on this site, it was found and discussed ON THIS site. I have had enough. NOt everyone buys a $20,000 914....some of us just like to drive them everywhere. I kept it a 4 cylinder (orginal engine to boot) and learned enough to have one of the best running fuel injected cars around. I'll still wave to you guys, but I think it's getting away from us....we were never the popular kids at the meets, we were the slightly off ones. I enjoyed my time, good luck to rest of you, and for god's sake, just drive it!

I told the new owner about this site, it the car shows up, welcome another into the fold. He's an older guy, lives in souther NH and after years of 911's, one 912 and a few 356's always wanted a 914. He was very happy with all the work done to the car, and I hope he enjoys it.

Eric
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Cairo94507
post Mar 19 2017, 09:12 PM
Post #2

Michael

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Best wises Eric. I hope one day you find another 914 that cries out to you and you take pity on it and bring it home to return it to the road again. Cheers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:09 PM