Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> F. S. 914-6 GT Clone, 1974 with steel flares and 3.2 FI six with low miles. $28,000.00
rstover
post Mar 19 2017, 01:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,785
Region Association: Southwest Region

The car is in Kerrville, Texas. I purchased this car in September of 2012 in Nashville, Tennessee. The previous owner and Perry Keil did the original conversion and body work. When I purchased the car, it had a 2.4 T engine with weber carburetors. I replaced this engine with a low mileage 3.2 FI. I have driven the car less than a 1000 miles since the engine was replaced. It is basically the same car as it was advertised on 914 World in August of 2012 plus the new engine.

Engine: The engine was purchased from Los Angeles Dismantlers. It is a type930/25 from a 1989 car and was stated to have had 15,000 miles on it. The conversion was done by Wes Hildreth of H&H enterprises in Plano, Texas.

Body: Rear suspension reinforcement kit and Brad Mayeur longitudinal kit to stiffen chassis.
Factory steel 914/6 GT flares.

Interior: The seats were rebuilt and reupholstered, by Renegade Hybrids with side bolstering. The gauges were rebuilt by North Hollywood Speedometer. The upholstery was replaced by the previous owner on both doors, lower dash and back pad. He also installed a new dash. It has a Momo steering wheel.

Suspension, wheels and tires: It has Automotion polyurethane bushings on A arms, tubular torsion bars, bump steer kit and 911 turbo tie-rods. The rear springs are Weltmeister 150 lbs. with Bilstein inserts. The wheels are rare factory 911 turbo Fuchs (16x7 front and 16x9 rear).

Transmission: The transmission has about 9,00 miles on it since being rebuilt by Brad Mayuer. At that time it had a limited slip differential installed, new Sachs clutch, new clutch tube, new CV joints and new clutch cable.

Brakes: It has 964 calipers and 964 rotors that has been cross-drilled and slotted on the front. The rear has rebuilt calipers and new rotors installed. The master cylinder is 19 mm and a VW “T” proportioning valve.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Apr 15 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #2

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

Pictures ?
+Quote Post
MikeInMunich
post Apr 16 2017, 03:08 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,674
Region Association: None

Sounds like a great car. Would love to see pics of it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
gcrotvik
post Apr 16 2017, 11:05 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 11,134
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

This was a double post. Car is sold, I believe. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=GT+clone
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:28 AM