Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1975 Fuel Tank Removal
frankiec@outrageous.net
post Mar 26 2017, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,717
Region Association: Northern California

I may have to replace my fuel filter on my 75 914. Is there any source with a detailed description of removing the tank, especially with pics. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, TomAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
driftingcloud
post Mar 26 2017, 03:13 PM
Post #2

Die welt ist flach...

Member No.: 18,310
Region Association: South East States

This is absolutely no help to your question, but gorgeous car. I'm working on a bumper back-date and side marker removal to my '75 as well.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 26 2017, 07:16 PM
Post #3

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

If your 75 is stock there is an access panel in the trunk bulkhead to access the pump and filter. No need to pull the tank.
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post Mar 26 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #4

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 26 2017, 05:16 PM) *

If your 75 is stock there is an access panel in the trunk bulkhead to access the pump and filter. No need to pull the tank.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) unless your soft lines are old. If they are toast, I would pull the tank. It is not a difficult job, but much easier with two people. Order the Haynes manual. It is a wealth of information. I would also recommend learning to master the search function on this site.

Before you order a new filter, pull the access panel on the bulkhead, and determine which filter you need. There are two versions - one with identical in/out nipples and one with larger/smaller. My '75 takes the large/small.

If you still have the plastic fuel lines in the center tunnel, I would go ahead a replace every line, stem to stern.
+Quote Post
Tjmrfe
post Mar 26 2017, 07:30 PM
Post #5

NON IMPEDING RATIONE COGITATIONIS

Member No.: 18,612
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(frankiec@outrageous.net @ Mar 26 2017, 01:00 PM) *

I may have to replace my fuel filter on my 75 914. Is there any source with a detailed description of removing the tank, especially with pics. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, TomAttached Image

I just replaced my fuel filter in my 75... it was tucked behind the fuel,pump near access panel behind spare....pain in the tookus to remove, but fuel tank stayed in its place....
I invested in fuel line clamps, to prevent fuel from leaking out of lines, made it easier than vise grips...good luck.
+Quote Post
ljubodraz
post Mar 26 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 17,312
Region Association: Upper MidWest

What all others have said is very correct. Check on the type of existing filter first. I thought Pelican sent the wrong filter for my '75 until I checked. Previous owners can make many changes. It was a real pain to get it all tucked back in. I kinked a fuel line on my first few attempts.

Look between tank bulkhead and spare tire per attached photo. Sorry. First time trying to post a pic from iPhone.
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:15 AM