Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: Electric Conversion, Needs lead acid batteries and/or convert to LI
compostman811
post Mar 28 2017, 01:37 PM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,974
Region Association: None

Want to sell my "working" 914 AC conversion. When parked three years ago, it was working, although the lead acid batteries had developed corrosion and died. I removed the batteries and the battery compartments have been empty since. I live in the foothills of N Calif, so performance on the hills wasn't great with LA batteries. On the flat it easily did 65-70 mph and up to 50 miles on a charge. I've been considering upgrading to lithium, but am not willing to spend the dollars for batteries, controller and charger plus the time required and lack of expertise. I've finally given up.
1975 941, yellow, rust free chassis, battery boxes in front trunk and engine compartment, good convertible top that fits in back trunk, bonus bike rack on rear! ElectroAuto kit instructions and 941 wiring diagram included.
Have over $15,000 in the project and will accept any reasonable offer.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PThompson509
post Mar 29 2017, 01:41 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,564
Region Association: Northern California

Is that an EA kit conversion? If so then doing a lithium conversion is quite doable (that was my 2nd version (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:21 AM