Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> 1973 with vinyl covered A pillars.
PancakePorsche
post Mar 29 2017, 12:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,373
Region Association: None

In very early 1973, some A.G. cars came with vinyl covered A pillars. As a fan of the rare and unusual I wonder how many cars still have it that came with it. I have a Revenna green 1973 which still has it. I have never seen another one in person. Anybody else have one of these cars ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom_T
post Mar 29 2017, 02:40 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Do a search with google for here (this search is useless), cuz a CA member who used to have an orange early 73 with it, did 2 topics in the Garage &/or Originality Forum about them, with lists of other members with A-pillar vinyl.

Please make sure to post in or at least bump them when you find the topics threads, so that they'll come back up to the top of the recent topics listing for others to find more easily.

My 8/31/72 built 73 2.0 originally had A-pillar vinyl from remnants under seals, but it was removed in one of the 2 repaints done by the new dealer &/or original owner before I bought it 3 years old in Dec. 1975. I'm debating whether or not to recreate the A-pillar vinyl in my current resto.

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
smveril
post Apr 2 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #3

Mikey

Member No.: 3,232
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 29 2017, 12:40 PM) *

Do a search with google for here (this search is useless), cuz a CA member who used to have an orange early 73 with it, did 2 topics in the Garage &/or Originality Forum about them, with lists of other members with A-pillar vinyl.

Please make sure to post in or at least bump them when you find the topics threads, so that they'll come back up to the top of the recent topics listing for others to find more easily.

My 8/31/72 built 73 2.0 originally had A-pillar vinyl from remnants under seals, but it was removed in one of the 2 repaints done by the new dealer &/or original owner before I bought it 3 years old in Dec. 1975. I'm debating whether or not to recreate the A-pillar vinyl in my current resto.

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

My May 73 car had no A pillar vinyl but the normal sail panel vinyl. I bought it in original condition from the original owner in 1985
+Quote Post
dlkawashima
post Apr 2 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 12,234
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(smveril @ Apr 2 2017, 02:10 PM) *

My May 73 car had no A pillar vinyl but the normal sail panel vinyl. I bought it in original condition from the original owner in 1985

Only the earliest cars built for the 1973 model year had the vinyl on the A-pillar.

In the foreground is member Halmil's Orangina. My very late '73 2.0 behind it doesn't have any A-pillar vinyl, or B-pillar for that matter.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-12234-1410723002.jpg)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 06:37 PM