Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My 914 has electrical problems. Buzzing from flasher, Turn signal flasher buzzing. Driver door closed
McMark
post Apr 10 2017, 09:45 AM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

QUOTE(burton73 @ Apr 9 2017, 05:30 PM) *
I know this is lame but how do I know where J-13 relay is located. I know where the flasher is and there are 3 black relays on that panel.

J13 has the following wires going to it:
-Black/Red
-Red
-Red/White
-Brown

Just peek at the wires to each relay and find the one with the right colors. That's J13. It's hard to see, but from here in Michigan it looks like you marked it 11. Double check to be sure.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
burton73
post Apr 10 2017, 04:20 PM
Post #22

burton73

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 8 2017, 07:40 PM) *

Get a copy of 700 Tips for the 914 by George H. I want to say there is info in there about fuse 8. It sticks in my mind because it was something out of the normal about where to look for the problem.

Just the moment I clicked paypal to George, Albert came in with his book. So now I will have 2 of them

Bob
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tom
post Apr 13 2017, 11:44 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,626

Bob, I received an e-mail notification from 914 world that you wanted the rest of the color diagrams. I can't figure out this new e-mail Wavecable has changed to now. Seems like they have changed e-mail providers every couple of years. I will send the rest of the diagrams here in as many posts as it takes.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tom
post Apr 13 2017, 11:47 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

More diagrams.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tom
post Apr 13 2017, 11:55 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Final one, I think. Let me know here if incomplete and I will try to find and send what is missing. It looks complete to me, but?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
burton73
post Apr 13 2017, 02:45 PM
Post #26

burton73

Tom,

Thanks a lot. I have printed them out on 11 x 17 and I am going to take a stab at it this weekend. I have my line tester light and an ohmmeter.

Best regards,

Bob
+Quote Post
burton73
post Apr 15 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #27

burton73

OK. Thanks to this board I am making headway on my electrical problem, problems.
One of the biggest problems was I had a bad relay. I tested them with a headlight flip up/down circuit up front in the trunk. I need one new or good used round relay

I had cleaned each one and then opened them up a little with a straight box cutter blade. The location of the relays where wrong and J-13 was on the left last one.
So I have wipers, horn, radio (shitty even though I put in big buck oval 3 way in the stock spot) vent fan.

So now I was trying to get the turn signal to stop buzzing. I switched the wires back to where they where supposed to be at the flasher buzzer. Checked the numbers on the flasher 49,49A, C, and 31. I believe that they are right.

So this is what it is doing. With the power on key turned one stop, the turn signals work but it buzzes. When the turn signals are in the center position the green light on the tack is on and when you go to the right or left on the turn signal the green light flashes like it is supposed to.

When you put the 4 way flashers on with the key off, the flashers work with no buzzing.

The parking brake light works and The Seat Belt light does not come on. I tried putting on the seatbelts and it did not stop the bussing from the flasher unit.

Before I bought the car it was at Clays shop in Texas and they put in new fuel lines and a fuel pump. He checked the flasher light and said it needed a different relay and said it was OK to run it like that, that was 8 years ago.
So to review I had a round flasher that did not buzz. The green tach light was on all the time just like now, only going off and on with the signal.

One of the guys said that Turn Signal/ Hazard Flasher Relay
Part #: 914-618-303-11-M206
$14.00 from the Bird fixed him up so I bought one.

Any help would be approached as always.

Bob B
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:51 AM