Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS 1974 1.8L $ 15900, 2nd owner 70 K orginal
rhodyguy
post Apr 19 2017, 02:27 PM
Post #21

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

how fucked up is it when a member that signed up a couple weeks ago looking to sell his car and and THEN someone has the nerve to post a hargerty valuation chart and offer up selling 'tips'? heed the god damn rules!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pete-stevers
post Apr 21 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #22

saved from fire!

Member No.: 2,914
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hey Kevin... he asked for feedback (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post Apr 21 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 10,510
Region Association: None

Yeah, 914s lately have been doing very well on BAT.
+Quote Post
Laurent Z
post Apr 24 2017, 04:26 PM
Post #24

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 21,002

QUOTE(Laurent Z @ Apr 18 2017, 04:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Apr 17 2017, 03:48 PM) *

With the rust through in the drivers side inner wheel well (the picture with the Vehicle Emission sticker) and the history of where the car has lived I'd be kind of surprised if it didn't have more rust than you think. For that money, which the car may very well be worth, a potential buyer is going to want to see clear pics of the hell hole and under the rocker panels. Very nice looking car, though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I will take pics as suggested from you under the rocker panels this weekend. I will remove the battery and take pics there as well. Thanks for the advice.
cheers

Hello. Here are pics of the spot with no battery. Is this the hell hole ?
Under the rock panels. And also wanted to clear what I meant by surface rust. A pic of the exhaust that I sanded a bit to show the "surface rust ".

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Laurent Z
post Apr 24 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #25

I'm new here ...

QUOTE(Laurent Z @ Apr 18 2017, 04:27 PM) *

With the rust through in the drivers side inner wheel well (the picture with the Vehicle Emission sticker) and the history of where the car has lived I'd be kind of surprised if it didn't have more rust than you think. For that money, which the car may very well be worth, a potential buyer is going to want to see clear pics of the hell hole and under the rocker panels. Very nice looking car, though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I will take pics as suggested from you under the rocker panels this weekend. I will remove the battery and take pics there as well. Thanks for the advice.
cheers

I don't know how this works to put more than one picture lol

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Laurent Z
post Apr 24 2017, 04:29 PM
Post #26

I'm new here ...

And the exhaust. I'm so not a forum savvy. Just a cook.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Laurent Z
post May 8 2017, 10:49 AM
Post #27

I'm new here ...

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 19 2017, 01:27 PM) *

how fucked up is it when a member that signed up a couple weeks ago looking to sell his car and and THEN someone has the nerve to post a hargerty valuation chart and offer up selling 'tips'? heed the god damn rules!

Thanks

Hello.
Tell me if the pic I took is what you were looking for as far as the "hellhole "

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Laurent Z
post Jun 10 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #28

I'm new here ...

Still for sale ........OBO

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Fatboy007
post Jun 15 2017, 10:16 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 21,124
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 14 2017, 06:42 AM) *

Hagerty's is for insurance....certainly not a snapshot of actual trending values.

Per Hagerty: "The Hagerty Vehicle Rating measures a vehicle’s performance relative to the rest of the market by examining insurance policies and quotes, Hagerty Price Guide value changes, and sales activity in both the private and auction markets"

If this car is truly a 70K miles, no rust example then $15K is a very good price.

Agreed... nice ride, great price. Must be a gas to cruise around that beautiful state on an early morning!
+Quote Post
Laurent Z
post Jul 1 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #30

I'm new here ...

QUOTE(Fatboy007 @ Jun 15 2017, 09:16 AM) *

Hagerty's is for insurance....certainly not a snapshot of actual trending values.

Per Hagerty: "The Hagerty Vehicle Rating measures a vehicle’s performance relative to the rest of the market by examining insurance policies and quotes, Hagerty Price Guide value changes, and sales activity in both the private and auction markets"

If this car is truly a 70K miles, no rust example then $15K is a very good price.

Agreed... nice ride, great price. Must be a gas to cruise around that beautiful state on an early morning!

Yes beautiful part of the state in the north.
Look at the new thread......price is reduced at $ 13900
Thanks for your nice comment.
Cheers
Happy 4th of July
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Jul 2 2017, 09:21 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Laurent Z @ Jul 1 2017, 04:19 PM) *

Cheers
Happy 4th of July

You might also want to edit your original post title and description with this new price.
GLWTS, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Jbuggyus
post Jul 2 2017, 11:01 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 20,946
Region Association: None

Bring A Trailer!
+Quote Post
funk
post Jul 3 2017, 12:40 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 17,531

QUOTE(Chris Scott @ Apr 17 2017, 01:43 PM) *

This is not always the best place to get advice on value as many of the members have been around 914's forever and have a dificult time getting their head around the fact that if the car is ckean it will bring good money as so many have rusted away. Any car that has never had the cancer is better than one that has had thousands spent on new sheet metal to repair it. You need more exposure like ebay, pelican parts or some other site .where people who are not necessarily 914 enthusiasts are. The guy who bought a 914-6 from the old widow for $500 because she had no clue what was does not tank the 914-6 market right? Why would anyone think you should give any credence to an anomaly like that when valuing your car.
Patience is the key. If the car is as nice as desribed hold out for the right buyer and if you are in a hurry you will need to price it to move
Good luck
Chris

imho a tub that has had proper metal work done to her is of way more value than a tub that hasn't. most who know 914 tubs would agree because when a tub is gone through you get behind all the seam sealer and a million and one places where there
is rusty areas that hide and take from the value of an integral tub. You see the rusty hole with the sticker over it this tells me the tub is at least partially rotten. I mean get real.I saw 914s in this condition 2 years ago going for 5000$ now maybe 8000$ if you are lucky someone would pick it up with mild interest and have fun for a summer or two in her.

+Quote Post
Laurent Z
post Jul 19 2017, 08:05 AM
Post #34

I'm new here ...

NEW PRICE AT
$ 13 900

Make it a trip to beautiful Coeur d'alene Idaho
I ll pick you up at Spokane airport.
Cheers and thank you for your interest
+Quote Post
Laurent Z
post Jul 19 2017, 08:10 AM
Post #35

I'm new here ...

QUOTE(funk @ Jul 2 2017, 11:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris Scott @ Apr 17 2017, 01:43 PM) *

This is not always the best place to get advice on value as many of the members have been around 914's forever and have a dificult time getting their head around the fact that if the car is ckean it will bring good money as so many have rusted away. Any car that has never had the cancer is better than one that has had thousands spent on new sheet metal to repair it. You need more exposure like ebay, pelican parts or some other site .where people who are not necessarily 914 enthusiasts are. The guy who bought a 914-6 from the old widow for $500 because she had no clue what was does not tank the 914-6 market right? Why would anyone think you should give any credence to an anomaly like that when valuing your car.
Patience is the key. If the car is as nice as desribed hold out for the right buyer and if you are in a hurry you will need to price it to move
Good luck
Chris

imho a tub that has had proper metal work done to her is of way more value than a tub that hasn't. most who know 914 tubs would agree because when a tub is gone through you get behind all the seam sealer and a million and one places where there
is rusty areas that hide and take from the value of an integral tub. You see the rusty hole with the sticker over it this tells me the tub is at least partially rotten. I mean get real.I saw 914s in this condition 2 years ago going for 5000$ now maybe 8000$ if you are lucky someone would pick it up with mild interest and have fun for a summer or two in her.

Hi
You are from Sandpoint, therefore neighbor..... and you seems to know quiet a lot about 914....maybe you want to have a look at it and have a better and more objective opinion ? i am not trying to sell it but at least would love to have the view of someone who seems to known more than i know.
For $ 8000 i can keep it and have fun for more than 2 summers.
At your disposal , let me know.
Cheers
Laurent
+Quote Post
Laurent Z
post Jul 19 2017, 08:12 AM
Post #36

I'm new here ...

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jul 2 2017, 08:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Laurent Z @ Jul 1 2017, 04:19 PM) *

Cheers
Happy 4th of July

You might also want to edit your original post title and description with this new price.
GLWTS, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

hello
I know but i could not do it....i dont understand what i have to do to change the title of the post. It would not let me. That is the reason i started a new thread.
Thanks though
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 19 2017, 09:31 AM
Post #37

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 14 2017, 07:42 AM) *

Right! Counting on Hagerty to do your homework is dumb. They aren't buying or selling. They are just reporting some data. A piece of the puzzle, not the whole picture.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:51 AM