Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Calling all 914/6 owners past & present, Need advice
GaroldShaffer
post Jun 30 2003, 09:06 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

It's been 3 1/2 LONG years since I sold my beloved 73 914 2.0 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) to help with a down payment on our new house. In two years I will turn 40 and plan to be a 914 owner once again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) .

So starts my quest for knowledge on 914/6's. I have driven many a 914 and plent 911s and feel that a 914/6 is what I want to get. I know two years is long way a way, but I just started my 914 fund, my wife agrees with my two year plan to save and purchase my NEW 914/6.

This car will be my sunny day driver / weekend car with maybe a driver eds event twice a year (never done one before). My questions are what type of issues are seen with a six? I know all about the 914 rust, been there, done that! Is there any reason a conversion car (done right ) is better of worse than and orginal six? What should I look for to make sure a conversion to a six is done correctly. Of course, any 914 that I think I am interested in enough to purchase I will have PPI done. Please help a fellow 914 addict. Thanks - Garold

One more thing, to any six owners (914 owners in general) in the Chicagoland / South Bend IN area I would love to check out your car and talk shop. I live in Portage Indiana, about 40 miles East of Chicago. Thanks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 01:37 PM