Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914.6 "Power Kit", Weber jetting from Back in The Day
ArtechnikA
post May 8 2005, 08:03 AM
Post #1

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

i said i'd post this information once i pulled and stripped the Webers from my 914.6.

late '70s-early '80s AJ Racing (and others, i am sure...) sold a "/6 Power Kit" with a matched set of jets and venturiis that corrected some of the lean stumble that the factory jetting caused - i think the cars were kneecapped a bit for emissions...

anyway - here's what was in my car, an E-cammed otherwise stock 2,0 (both AFAIK -- it's what i was told...)

60 idle
175 air correction
F26 emulsion
35 (!)mm venturiis -- there were of local mfg and *not* Weber parts
i run the tall '906' preatomiser aux venturiis

my car was running megaphone exhaust on the Riverside l-o-n-g course so we had the mains bumped to 145 - i think we ran 130 with the street muffler - mightta been 140. the box with all my loose "spare" Weber jets has yet to resurface after the move...

i don't claim this is the current hot setup with today's gas. it's is a point of historical note, not a specific recommendation.

i will, however, say my car ran GREAT on this setup...

the irony is i just bought a set of 34mm venturiis to use with the 2,7S -- i think i'll put it back together just like this and check it out...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post May 8 2005, 11:26 AM
Post #2

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

That setup is quite similar to what's in my 2.2S-spec. It had 34mm venturiis when I bought it, but I choked it down to 32's which seems to run better. Tall aux venturiis, 55 idles (which are a tad too small), F26 emulsion, 180 air correction and 130 mains. The factory carbed engines used F3 emulsion tubes but several folks advised me there's no point changing them if the car runs OK with the F26's.

I really need to get this thing on a dyno as I know it's not jetted or tuned optimally.
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post May 8 2005, 11:30 AM
Post #3

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219

any pics of your car at riverside (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post May 8 2005, 02:34 PM
Post #4

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 8 2005, 12:30 PM)
any pics of your car at riverside

i think i have one - somewhere - me in the car, coming off turn 9 up into the pit straight. i'll post it if i can find it... (it was a long time ago, and the car was nowhere near as trick as lots of them already posted here...)
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post May 8 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #5

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219

QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ May 8 2005, 01:34 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 8 2005, 12:30 PM)
any pics of your car at riverside

i think i have one - somewhere - me in the car, coming off turn 9 up into the pit straight. i'll post it if i can find it... (it was a long time ago, and the car was nowhere near as trick as lots of them already posted here...)

please do if you find it.

now that riverside raceway is a shopping mall.....
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 01:48 AM