Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914.6 "Power Kit", Weber jetting from Back in The Day
ArtechnikA
post May 8 2005, 08:03 AM
Post #1

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

i said i'd post this information once i pulled and stripped the Webers from my 914.6.

late '70s-early '80s AJ Racing (and others, i am sure...) sold a "/6 Power Kit" with a matched set of jets and venturiis that corrected some of the lean stumble that the factory jetting caused - i think the cars were kneecapped a bit for emissions...

anyway - here's what was in my car, an E-cammed otherwise stock 2,0 (both AFAIK -- it's what i was told...)

60 idle
175 air correction
F26 emulsion
35 (!)mm venturiis -- there were of local mfg and *not* Weber parts
i run the tall '906' preatomiser aux venturiis

my car was running megaphone exhaust on the Riverside l-o-n-g course so we had the mains bumped to 145 - i think we ran 130 with the street muffler - mightta been 140. the box with all my loose "spare" Weber jets has yet to resurface after the move...

i don't claim this is the current hot setup with today's gas. it's is a point of historical note, not a specific recommendation.

i will, however, say my car ran GREAT on this setup...

the irony is i just bought a set of 34mm venturiis to use with the 2,7S -- i think i'll put it back together just like this and check it out...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ArtechnikA   914.6 "Power Kit"   May 8 2005, 08:03 AM
campbellcj   That setup is quite similar to what's in my 2....   May 8 2005, 11:26 AM
Aaron Cox   any pics of your car at riverside ...   May 8 2005, 11:30 AM
ArtechnikA   ...   May 8 2005, 02:34 PM
Aaron Cox  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:30 AM