Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2017 - Sept. 14-17, Well... THAT was fun!!!
poorsche914
post Sep 8 2017, 10:17 AM
Post #241

T4 Supercharged

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Sep 8 2017, 11:32 AM) *
1 question.... 1. Will your little Helen girl be available for autographs?

Only if you can find her. She is a bit shy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Sep 9 2017, 05:37 PM
Post #242

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316

As good fortune prevails...Phillip does not have to evacuate after all and we still will have great weather in Georgia! A true win/win...everyone travel safely!
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 9 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #243

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

tony, we didnt evacuate, however we are not out of the woods yet, still a chance of some bad weather here monday and mostly storm surge- they dont call it the Low Country for nothin'!!
I had the car on a trailer ready take it west, when it shifted again more west we decided to stay home- my home is higher than most here, at 25' at the lower garage and man cave level - other 2 level above well out of reach of flooding, - as of now only a 6'-10' storm surge leaves us nonlonger in fear of flooding but i am higher than 90% of our area- many are still in areas that could see some flooding- nothing like Texas for sure.
Car is back in the garage and im able to get back at getting ready for the trip to Helen!

hope to see you all next week!

+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Sep 10 2017, 06:36 AM
Post #244

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

I am hoping everyone makes it safely. Especially since Martin Schneider
MSDS Inc.
Sent this jewel for someone to take home!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Sep 10 2017, 08:31 AM
Post #245

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 9 2017, 05:37 PM) *

As good fortune prevails...Phillip does not have to evacuate after all and we still will have great weather in Georgia! A true win/win...everyone travel safely!

It looks like the roads are gonna get a good washing beforehand and the airline says they're flying so win/win there too! I rented an SUV just in case though... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
db9146
post Sep 10 2017, 04:20 PM
Post #246

Member No.: 3,315
Region Association: None

Folks,

Turns out I'm not going to be able to make it for the whole weekend event but will probably just drive up for the events on Saturday.

I have a double room at the hotel if anyone is interested. You can call me at (678)429-3864.

Dee
+Quote Post
JawjaPorsche
post Sep 11 2017, 05:50 AM
Post #247

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,351

The weather forecast up here looks awesome for the upcoming weekend! Getting excited! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Sep 11 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #248

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

I'm probably out...this is my house with 2 more hours of incoming tide remaining.

I'll probably be cleaning up and repairing

Attached Image
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Sep 11 2017, 12:52 PM
Post #249

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 11 2017, 11:46 AM) *

I'm probably out...this is my house with 2 more hours of incoming tide remaining.

Attached Image

wow, stay safe and hope ground floor of your house didn't really have your expensive items (especially your 914) and hope coming rains will not increase more water flooding in your area. Take care!
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Sep 11 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #250

Car Hoarder!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCyry7Ydwyc
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Sep 11 2017, 01:15 PM
Post #251

Car Hoarder!

taken from my sister's house. My house is the yellow one on columns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dcQqL4DB98
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Sep 11 2017, 03:12 PM
Post #252

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

Boo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) That stinks!
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Sep 11 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #253

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 10 2017, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 9 2017, 05:37 PM) *

It looks like the roads are gonna get a good washing beforehand and the airline says they're flying so win/win there too! I rented an SUV just in case though... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Annnd.... our flight was cancelled due to ATL shutting down. The explanation was excessive wind shear (ya think??) but we rescheduled for a Wednesday flight at the same time. We'll try it one more time.... except I get cheated out of 2 days with my kids. A lot easier to put up with than everyone in Florida has had it - hope they get the help and support they need quickly!
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Sep 11 2017, 07:48 PM
Post #254

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 11 2017, 10:46 AM) *

Attached Image

If the masses agree I will propose that you be able to enter for prizes and I will personally pay the shipping costs to get any prize you win to you.
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Sep 11 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #255

Member No.: 18,454
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Got the car loaded onto the trailer last night at about 1 a.m as I was packing the trailer it was about 2 a.m. when I got a call from my wife about the hurricane rolling through Georgia how bad things were going to be and it wouldn't know until it was too late if the event would be cancelled or not because I had to get on the road to make it to Utah to have work done on the car so I could even drive it. At this point I had to concede that it was probably not the best idea and the fact that if I went to Red Rocks that is only half the distance still 1200 miles I would have more time to get the car dial in and actually be able to enjoy it there. So unfortunately I will not be able to make it this year.
I was planning on bringing lots of cool stuff with me and I have had shipment of shirts already sent to the hotel that I have instructed the hotel to release them to Mike. We will get some stuff shipped out to show our love and would like to request that next year the Red Rocks event be taken into consideration and coordinated with for back-to-back weekends. I will make it to both of them and I believe I can bring a bunch of people with me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Thoughts and prayers for everybody affected by the weather there. Be safe and I'll see you next year
Matt Whitesell

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Garland
post Sep 11 2017, 11:01 PM
Post #256

Restoration Fanatic

Member No.: 1,535
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Will miss seeing you, till next year. Car looks great.
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 12 2017, 04:22 AM
Post #257

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

QUOTE(Matty900 @ Sep 12 2017, 12:32 AM) *

Got the car loaded onto the trailer last night at about 1 a.m as I was packing the trailer it was about 2 a.m. when I got a call from my wife about the hurricane rolling through Georgia how bad things were going to be and it wouldn't know until it was too late if the event would be cancelled or not because I had to get on the road to make it to Utah to have work done on the car so I could even drive it. At this point I had to concede that it was probably not the best idea and the fact that if I went to Red Rocks that is only half the distance still 1200 miles I would have more time to get the car dial in and actually be able to enjoy it there. So unfortunately I will not be able to make it this year.
I was planning on bringing lots of cool stuff with me and I have had shipment of shirts already sent to the hotel that I have instructed the hotel to release them to Mike. We will get some stuff shipped out to show our love and would like to request that next year the Red Rocks event be taken into consideration and coordinated with for back-to-back weekends. I will make it to both of them and I believe I can bring a bunch of people with me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Thoughts and prayers for everybody affected by the weather there. Be safe and I'll see you next year
Matt Whitesell

Damn, sorry to hear Matt
The event was never going to be cancelled. Rain is supposed to stop in Helen today or early tomorrow, giving plenty of time to "dry out" before the weekend.

The problem with "canceling" all together would be that everything is already paid for so everyone's money would have been wasted...though we would be mailing out 120+ shirts.

Scheduling for next year is going to be interesting with Rennsport Reunion playing a disruptive role. It will really limit our weekends available. Unfortunately we usually just have to go with what the venue has available, so hopefully we can work something out. At this point, we don't even know where it will be....

I'm really sorry to hear about people cancelling, but I totally understand...especially those that have been affected directly by the hurricane. Life and family certainly needs to come first in situations like this.

Everyone stay safe and we look forward to seeing most of you on Thursday.
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 12 2017, 05:20 AM
Post #258

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 11 2017, 03:15 PM) *

taken from my sister's house. My house is the yellow one on columns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dcQqL4DB98

Wow Bill....really sorry to see this.
Hopefully everyone and everything - especially the cars (priorities here!) - escaped relatively unscathed, though those trucks don't look so good. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
914Next
post Sep 12 2017, 05:25 AM
Post #259

Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 12 2017, 06:22 AM) *

Matt Whitesell

Damn, sorry to hear Matt
The event was never going to be cancelled. Rain is supposed to stop in Helen today or early tomorrow, giving plenty of time to "dry out" before the weekend.

The problem with "canceling" all together would be that everything is already paid for so everyone's money would have been wasted...though we would be mailing out 120+ shirts.

Scheduling for next year is going to be interesting with Rennsport Reunion playing a disruptive role. It will really limit our weekends available. Unfortunately we usually just have to go with what the venue has available, so hopefully we can work something out. At this point, we don't even know where it will be....

I'm really sorry to hear about people cancelling, but I totally understand...especially those that have been affected directly by the hurricane. Life and family certainly needs to come first in situations like this.

Everyone stay safe and we look forward to seeing most of you on Thursday.

Sara and I will still be making it but will be coming in hot Friday am for the drive since I don't land in ATL from travels until Thursday evening. Really looking forward to it!.
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Sep 12 2017, 06:44 AM
Post #260

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

... the fact that if I went to Red Rocks that is only half the distance still 1200 miles I would have more time to get the car dial in and actually be able to enjoy it there. So unfortunately I will not be able to make it this year...
Matt Whitesell

Sad to hear you won't be making it to Okteenerfest. Was really looking forward to seeing you and your 914. It looks fantastic!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:16 PM