Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V « < 16 17 18  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2017 - Sept. 14-17, Well... THAT was fun!!!
JoeD
post Sep 19 2017, 07:00 AM
Post #341

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,973
Region Association: South East States

Was great to finally meet Tony (Cracker). His LS-powered 914 is an absolute BEAST. He took me for a ride and it was just crazy. The car just works. We were behind him and his daughter for a while (a very little while!) on Friday's drive, and had a blast trying to keep up.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
siverson
post Sep 19 2017, 08:26 AM
Post #342

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

This looks like a really great event. I need to try to make it out for it sometime...

-Steve
+Quote Post
t collins
post Sep 19 2017, 09:55 AM
Post #343

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,754
Region Association: None

Just a peak of what's under Cracker's bonnet ..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Sep 19 2017, 10:12 AM
Post #344

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

QUOTE(siverson @ Sep 19 2017, 07:26 AM) *

This looks like a really great event. I need to try to make it out for it sometime...

-Steve

Steve, you just need to hit the SoCal one first, if Oscar does a repeat! It was a great event too, if a shorter time.

I need to make the whole thing myself, but already had other commitments last Saturday.

However, I agree that this Okteenerfest is a great one too, & hope to make it to one if we're back there at the right timing (daughter/family have lived in NC/VA/TN since 2011, so not impossible if timed right).

I really enjoyed seeing these pix of all the 914s cruising about the southern end of my ancestral homeland!

Excellent job by the organizers, sponsors & participants! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Sep 19 2017, 10:13 AM
Post #345

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

QUOTE(t collins @ Sep 19 2017, 08:55 AM) *

Just a peak of what's under Cracker's bonnet ..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

Attached Image

Tony, that's just friggin' NUTZ!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
914Next
post Sep 19 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #346

Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(JoeD @ Sep 19 2017, 09:00 AM) *

Was great to finally meet Tony (Cracker). His LS-powered 914 is an absolute BEAST. He took me for a ride and it was just crazy. The car just works. We were behind him and his daughter for a while (a very little while!) on Friday's drive, and had a blast trying to keep up.

Attached Image

Agree Joe. Somehow I was not offered a ride but not holding that against Tony. Loved seeing the car just the same. Beautiful build! Was great meeting you and your daughter Tony.

Joe, really nice to finally meet you and your family also. All in all a great weekend. Sara and I will definitely do again. This is a "not to be missed" event.
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Sep 19 2017, 04:51 PM
Post #347

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

Clearly I have a bias for this event. Not selling any other event short but this event has grown and become something that I just never could have never even remotely thought possible. I really hope that as we move forward we can work with other events to continue to support the 914.

I want to do the WCR and go to Hershey someday.
+Quote Post
t collins
post Sep 19 2017, 05:55 PM
Post #348

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,754

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 19 2017, 01:22 AM) *

I had a great time for the limited amount I was involved - BIG THANKS to Tommy for the passenger seat! I hear you won an award for a great car well done - congratulations! My kids had fun seeing the cars on the green on Saturday before we left to spend more family time. The roads were great even with the evidence left from the hurricane everywhere and Jakes hospitality was perfect for lunch and a break in the days driving. More BIG THANKS to Bob and the organizing folks behind the event, working hard to make it all look so easy! For whomever won the Maddog front sway bar reinforcements - put them to good use! They were on my list but I wasn't at the banquet to see who won...
I doubt if I'll make it for next year but these last 2 have been a great experience! Hope everyone made it home safe and for anyone thinking about attending next year, you won't be disappointed. Thanks again for a great time! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Glad you enjoyed the ride and no thanks necessary, just get your suby project on the road and you can return the favor the next Okteenerfest (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

+Quote Post
PCamp
post Sep 20 2017, 03:59 PM
Post #349

Member No.: 21,440

Great job Bob, Nadine and all those involved organizing and staffing the event! My buddy Dave and I really enjoyed Okteenerfest 2017 even though we had to bring an Audi TT as Dave's 914-6 build was not ready.

It was a special treat for me to see JoeD's 914 as I owned and just about lived in this car from the early 80's until 2001 when I reluctantly sold it. So many cross country trips, autocross events, track days and just good times... I really miss it. So nice to see it end up in Joe, Nathan and family's care, it has a good home.

I met so many great people, appreciated so many nice 914s, scored a ride in Cracker Tony's wild 914-8 and yea enjoyed a schnitzel accompanied by some accordion music. Great to see Raby's place and eat some Georgia que too.

I plan to attend in 18, wouldn't miss it, 914 or no.

Pedro
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Sep 20 2017, 04:08 PM
Post #350

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316

Steve,

It was a pleasure meeting you and Sara as well! Regarding the ride...no offense or snub intended! I only took a couple of gentleman out (Epstein took too long to respond and Pedro got his ride).

There has been some discussion regarding a semi-annual "Atlanta area" gathering or event for local folk...hopefully that will come to fruition. Lets provide each other with rides in our cars at that time...it would be quite the experience to witness first hand what an original and 100% stock car feels like.

Tony

QUOTE(914Next @ Sep 19 2017, 06:33 PM) *

QUOTE(JoeD @ Sep 19 2017, 09:00 AM) *

Agree Joe. Somehow I was not offered a ride but not holding that against Tony. Loved seeing the car just the same. Beautiful build! Was great meeting you and your daughter Tony.

Joe, really nice to finally meet you and your family also. All in all a great weekend. Sara and I will definitely do again. This is a "not to be missed" event.
+Quote Post
Vysoc
post Sep 22 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #351

Vysoc

Member No.: 10,737

2017 Okteenerfest was an EPIC Event!
The Roads were awesome, great planned events, weather turned out good, special thanks to Nadine, Bob, Bill D., Clay, Betty, Mike, Jake Raby and all the others that I have neglected to mention.

What has gone by the wayside is how Bob got two F-16's to buzz us over the Lake Burton segment of the drive in Rabun County on Friday morning.
The first jet hit the afterburner and almost knocked us off of the road, it sure is nice to have planner's that think of everything.

Looking forward to next year and getting to see the Jake Raby complex under full power and seeing the dyno's in action.

Thanks again for all of your hard work for the best Teenerfest yet!!!

Vysoc/Pete Beringer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
+Quote Post
stevend914
post Sep 24 2017, 05:15 PM
Post #352

Member No.: 20,670
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Enjoyed Okteenerfest again this year, excellent planning and execution despite some surprises. Finally made it home today.
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Sep 24 2017, 06:31 PM
Post #353

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

QUOTE(WLD419 @ Sep 16 2017, 10:50 AM) *

Wow, I'm jealous & sad that i'm not there enjoying it with all of you , well at least I
get a couple of shirts from it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) , I will definitely be there next year , hurricane or no hurricane ,
keep enjoying yourselves (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) , cheers Bill & Luz D.

Hate that you missed it. Was sure looking forward to seeing you again.

Shoe
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:41 AM