Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS : Everything Has to Go!, My Youngest Son Doesn't Want His '73 914 2.0L Anymore?!
Korijo914
post Apr 26 2017, 07:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,940
Region Association: None

Well fellas, the time has come! I don't know why?

Well, now my oldest son doesn't want his '69 bug any more. So, because of that, my youngest son doesn't want his Porsche '73 914 2.0L any more.

So, everything is for sale. If you want to buy everything, all at once, it's $4,914. The shell and all the parts for the 914 are in Montana. I am not sure where the storage unit is, exactly, but if you are interested in the entire lot, I will find out where the storage unit is.

There are many expensive parts. If you want individual parts, you will have to wait until the middle of May.

There are some parts here, with me. I have a rebuilt pedal cluster, and I have some rebuilt M calipers for vented rotors, and some early 911 or late 912 front 3 inch strut housings for the M calipers. Every single part is for sale.

You can ask me what I have in Montana, and if you are interested, put down a little deposit, I will hold it for you, when I get it, pay the balance, and I will ship it when the transaction is complete.

Please let me know what kind of parts that you are interested in, and I will tell you if I have it. Also, I have some black gas burners! PM me for the total cost!

Sorry about all this shit is happening, but life goes on, right?!

Thanks for all the help, especially you farts!!

I'll check in every once in a while!

Behave! Korijo914 out! ( for now? )
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Apr 27 2017, 06:48 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,069
Region Association: Upper MidWest

What? Put the pipe away and start over again tomorrow!
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post Apr 27 2017, 08:03 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,510

+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 27 2017, 08:20 AM
Post #4

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Pardon my input Dave.

For those unaware of the situation, Dave was diagnosed with ALS 10(?) years ago, all that goes with it and is confined to a bed. To add to the nightmare he has gone thru some other personal matters. If someone might be interested in the offer, be patient and work with Dave. cut him a little slack.

Dave, put the boys to work locating the parts stash and car. They should be able to track everything down and get the story in a day or 2. GLWTS. He used to have a bunch of nice stuff iirc.

Believe me, if Dave had the physical ability to even pick up and put down a pipe with some greenage in it, he would be a happy fella.
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Apr 27 2017, 08:22 AM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

And what about the bug?
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post Apr 27 2017, 08:56 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 27 2017, 09:20 AM) *

Pardon my input Dave.

For those unaware of the situation, Dave was diagnosed with ALS 10(?) years ago, all that goes with it and is confined to a bed. To add to the nightmare he has gone thru some other personal matters. If someone might be interested in the offer, be patient and work with Dave. cut him a little slack.

Dave, put the boys to work locating the parts stash and car. They should be able to track everything down and get the story in a day or 2. GLWTS. He used to have a bunch of nice stuff iirc.

Believe me, if Dave had the physical ability to even pick up and put down a pipe with some greenage in it, he would be a happy fella.

Thank you for adding this, it explains a lot. While I am curious in regards to the shell and parts lot if everything is there to build the 914, I just don't think I have the space to take it on. I think it would be a blast to put it all together.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 27 2017, 10:18 AM
Post #7

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

The tub has stretched flairs on all 4 corners ala John Kelly style. John mentored the work. There was a work party and a number of us showed up. The flairs are prob 75% done needing fine tuning and finish.
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post Apr 27 2017, 11:35 AM
Post #8

I just did a search on the 914club site and found an old build thread. Looks like an interesting project if the tub has been preserved well over the years.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Apr 27 2017, 11:43 AM
Post #9

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

You should buy it then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

... and thanks for your 'input', Kevin ... I was going to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)
+Quote Post
Korijo914
post Apr 27 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #10

Yeah, sorry guys, he just doesn't want to put it back together. Also, all the rich parents are getting their kids expensive cars. So, now my son wants a BMW or something like all other rich kids are getting.

So, because of my oldest son doesn't want his '69 bug, fully restored, now my youngest son wants a different car.

I really don't want to do it, but I kinda have to do this shit quickly. So, I get all the money I have spent on all the parts and the car. If I don't, she will get all the money, like is doing with the bug. I have no decision on the will sell or trade for? She gets to handle it.

The selling of the 914 is happening, even though I don't want to, it has to happen. Maybe we could get enough money to buy a more completed 914, so when he is ready, it will be his Porsche 914. I have no idea what to do, but for now, I have to sell it before the divorce happens. He said he wants the Porsche, but at the same time, because his big brother wants a different car, so does the little brother.

Anyways, it's gotta go, for now! But, if someone wants to buy the whole kit and kaboodle, it's definitely worth more than I am asking. Always garaged. Lots of nice parts. Tarret front anti sway bar. The thick red bar. Fully restored and caliper painted red. New Stop Tech front disks. Rebuilt 2.0L heads, although I think the guy who built them, staked the valve seats. I believe that you can die grind them down enough, and smooth them so no predination won't happen. Uhm, what else is in there?

I will get all the parts here at home on May 16th or the 17th.

I will post pictures ASAP.

Thanks again, Fellas!

Korijo914 ( David Cawdrey )
+Quote Post
euro911
post Apr 27 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #11

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Sorry to hear all the shit you're going through, David. Keep your chin up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Korijo914
post Apr 27 2017, 07:48 PM
Post #12

Thanks guys!

I am just trying to protect myself before the divorce. So, because bug is at her house, which I have put all the time in and the money into. I wish that we signed a prenuptial! The shit goes on!
+Quote Post
pete-stevers
post Apr 27 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #13

saved from fire!

Member No.: 2,914
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Dave, when you get a chance tell us about the 1969 bug!
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Apr 28 2017, 10:58 AM
Post #14

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

chassis ??
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?show...c=34725&hl=
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Milkman7286
post Apr 28 2017, 01:56 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 17,571

PM sent!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:34 PM