Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Replica (Empi) Fuchs, Are they worth considering?
ThreeV8s
post Apr 27 2017, 08:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,915
Region Association: North East States

I was hoping to get some feedback on and/or pics of the Empis pictured below which are available thru auto atlanta, sierra madre, etc. I am involved in a restoration of a 1.7 which has very rough rivieras on it, which might be in the vw offset since 185s barely clear the quarter panels. It is in no way intended to be a show car, but with Porsche center caps, will these look close to correct or will they scream after-market to the average car guy? I am leaning toward the first wheel below since the second wheel is advertised as “chrome”, which is definitely not correct for that wheel compared to the two different finishes the wheel had from the factory.

I have considered buying a used set, but from what I have seen and heard, they are very expensive to refinish correctly and the ones in nice shape are very high relatively speaking.

I have searched through several different threads concerning this topic, so I am sorry if this has been hashed out previously.

Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 11:56 PM