Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOLD 1971 2.0 FI $14.5K!, Well sorted fun car
ChristopherB
post Dec 17 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #101

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,086
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I will check the bumpers with a magnet, but they are pretty nice. I don't suspect any issues there. Since getting the car back from Tangerine, I have had to address three problems. I was able to correct the problems personally. I lost 4th and 5th gears one morning on the way to the grocery store. This had me panicked as I had just spent $7K( spring 2016) on the car. However, the problem was the shift linkage bushing. While this is an inexpensive part, installation does require a bunch of elbow grease! The car shifts beautifully. This is especially true since Tangerine Racing welded a new clutch tube in place as well as installed a new clutch cable.

One day, (this time returning from the grocery store), the car stopped running. This again had me fearing the worst, and I was super worried. It took a few weeks to discover that the ground strap from the battery was bad. Once, replaced, the car has been glitch free.

My last problem was the turn signal relay. My turn signals stopped working. A quick message to Chris ( the best!) at Tangerine and I learned that the relay was bad. A new relay was purchased and installed by me. This solved the problem for only a few weeks. The relay buzzed and I pulled it. I have a different turn signal relay that I have not installed.

Since getting the car repaired at Tangerine Racing, it has been blast to drive. I have really mixed feelings about selling it. It is a great car to drive that I am quite proud to own. I do not need to sell the car, and I will only take $14K for the car with none of the extra parts. I have had offers that are close, but I am just not desperate to sell. In fact, I am terribly torn!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post Dec 17 2017, 09:34 PM
Post #102

Member No.: 10,510
Region Association: None

Obviously you're in no hurry to sell with how long it has been listed. If you're that torn and don't NEED to sell it, then why bother selling it at all?
+Quote Post
ChristopherB
post Dec 19 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #103

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Dec 17 2017, 10:34 PM) *

Obviously you're in no hurry to sell with how long it has been listed. If you're that torn and don't NEED to sell it, then why bother selling it at all?

I am not really "bothering". I have it listed here and it will go to a 914 enthusiast via this awesome forum. I am currently selling the car to get a car that I can drive any day of the week to take kids places regardless of the forecast. I only use the 914 on perfect days like a motorcycle. The replacement will most likely be a Miata, or a Cayman. Most likely my budget will afford the Miata. My goal is to have a fun car that my wife and me will both drive any day of the week.
+Quote Post
UKed
post Dec 20 2017, 02:53 PM
Post #104

Member No.: 18,189

QUOTE(ChristopherB @ Dec 19 2017, 07:04 PM) *

I am not really "bothering". I have it listed here and it will go to a 914 enthusiast via this awesome forum. I am currently selling the car to get a car that I can drive any day of the week to take kids places regardless of the forecast. I only use the 914 on perfect days like a motorcycle. The replacement will most likely be a Miata, or a Cayman. Most likely my budget will afford the Miata. My goal is to have a fun car that my wife and me will both drive any day of the week.

Keep the 914 for sunny days and buy a Miata, that's what I did. The Miata is a brilliant fun car to drive, totally reliable and cheap to run, will never let you down. At the weekend, weather permitting, it's my 1974 2.0 914
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Dec 20 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #105

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(UKed @ Dec 20 2017, 12:53 PM) *

Keep the 914 for sunny days and buy a Miata, that's what I did. The Miata is a brilliant fun car to drive, totally reliable and cheap to run, will never let you down. At the weekend, weather permitting, it's my 1974 2.0 914

The guy I bought my 914 from bought a running Miata with the money I paid for a non-running 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Fun cars, just found out a fellow member here is stuffing a 3.6 Chevy/Cadillac DOHC V6 into his Miata, hope he shares pictures. Wish I lived closer to him!
+Quote Post
ChristopherB
post Dec 20 2017, 03:57 PM
Post #106

[/quote]

Now, I love this idea!
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Dec 20 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

Had that goal as well for my wife. As it turns out if you buy your wife a Boxster the issue is resolved but she does not ride in the 914 or Miata anymore.
+Quote Post
MDTerp
post Dec 20 2017, 08:36 PM
Post #108

Member No.: 9,075

Hi Chris,
I just moved to Towson, keep your 914 and we can go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) up around Loch Raven.
+Quote Post
ChristopherB
post Dec 26 2017, 05:56 PM
Post #109

QUOTE(MDTerp @ Dec 20 2017, 09:36 PM) *

Hi Chris,
I just moved to Towson, keep your 914 and we can go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) up around Loch Raven.

That sounds great. The car has had most of its mileage done around the lake. I live right there so lets do it!
+Quote Post
ChristopherB
post Feb 21 2018, 07:30 PM
Post #110

The car sold today. Thanks to everyone on this fantastic forum for their help over the years of ownership. This forum has some great people that are super smart! I came to rely on the collective knowledge here often. A special thanks to Chris Foley and his shop for the great work they did on my car. I will miss seeing the car in my garage. I really did love to look at the car as much as I did driving it! It is just beautiful to me. The car went to a great guy from Rhode Island and I think he will really enjoy it.
+Quote Post
sholman5
post Feb 22 2018, 11:22 AM
Post #111

Kraut burner

Member No.: 20,391
Region Association: South East States

Congrats. Nice car, hope the new caretaker enjoys it.
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post Feb 23 2018, 01:44 PM
Post #112

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125
Region Association: Northern California

Finally! Hope the new owner joins the forum so we can keep track of it. Great car.
+Quote Post
Abeck914
post Apr 4 2018, 03:40 PM
Post #113

Member No.: 21,677

He has indeed joined already....ITS ME!! happy belated valentine's day to myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

ChrisB was great, I had been lurking for awhile and he waited for me to find a day with no snow or other bad weather to go get/purchase it. Really nice guy and reasonable all around regarding the transaction and just generally to be around for a good part of the day during a PPI.

I've been tightening up some small items while I wait for the rain to stop here, and also following advice of some more prominent members on other items I'm currently addressing.

racked my head for a few weeks on the turn signal issue that is frequently on here and am giving up to move on to other things now.

Next weekend should be brake flush and rotors and pads and adjustments. maybe even an interior mirror [my forum interaction has mostly been in the WTB ad for the mirror base].

Then on to rear trailing arm bushings.

Anyway, hoping to introduce myself more formally and how I came down this path to 914s later this month.

- Aaron

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 4 2018, 03:48 PM
Post #114

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

QUOTE(Abeck914 @ Apr 4 2018, 05:40 PM) *

He has indeed joined already....ITS ME!! happy belated valentine's day to myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

ChrisB was great, I had been lurking for awhile and he waited for me to find a day with no snow or other bad weather to go get/purchase it. Really nice guy and reasonable all around regarding the transaction and just generally to be around for a good part of the day during a PPI.

I've been tightening up some small items while I wait for the rain to stop here, and also following advice of some more prominent members on other items I'm currently addressing.

racked my head for a few weeks on the turn signal issue that is frequently on here and am giving up to move on to other things now.

Next weekend should be brake flush and rotors and pads and adjustments. maybe even an interior mirror [my forum interaction has mostly been in the WTB ad for the mirror base].

Anyway, hoping to introduce myself more formally and how I came down this path to 914s later this month.

- Aaron

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) Chris is a good guy. I'm sure you got a nice car. Have fun with it and join us at Hershey if you can.
+Quote Post
Abeck914
post Apr 4 2018, 04:27 PM
Post #115

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 4 2018, 03:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Abeck914 @ Apr 4 2018, 05:40 PM) *

- Aaron

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) Chris is a good guy. I'm sure you got a nice car. Have fun with it and join us at Hershey if you can.

My friend in RI has a 356 and we were discussing Hershey Sunday....hopefully i can fit it in!

+Quote Post
theer
post Apr 11 2018, 02:51 PM
Post #116

Member No.: 19,014
Region Association: North East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

Aaron - where in RI are you? I'm in MA.. and never see any other 914's in the wild. Would love to see this car in person.

Welcome to the madness,
Tom

PS: I might have a mirror for you.
+Quote Post
Abeck914
post May 2 2018, 02:03 PM
Post #117

QUOTE(theer @ Apr 11 2018, 02:51 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

Aaron - where in RI are you? I'm in MA.. and never see any other 914's in the wild. Would love to see this car in person.

Welcome to the madness,
Tom

PS: I might have a mirror for you.

even better - I work in Boston and have a crash pad on the outskirts of the city in your direction!

i'm sporadic on here to date while juggling life, was on a 10 day vacation recently, also trying to fit in overtime to fund some betterments on this one, and also do the work - lots of juggling. I'm planning to get a few things done this friday, and hoping to have it in MA next week. But that may suffer a 2 week delay if i don't complete all tasks friday. I don't much like the MA driving habits and want this thing a little safer [right now no turn signals, no rearview mirror, 30% brakes [fronts replaced last week], and a leaky fuel filler gasket], not to mention the road conditons here have me insecure about the front bumper.

stay tuned, PM me if you wish, but you will see it I promise.

- Aaron
+Quote Post
theer
post May 2 2018, 03:44 PM
Post #118

Member No.: 19,014
Region Association: North East States

Drove mine to work today!

PM sent.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:16 AM