Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> npc anybody else having ebay issues
scotty914
post May 9 2005, 09:20 PM
Post #1

suby torque rules

Group: Members
Member No.: 924

i cant get in to item, i can search but i cant get in to individual items

ps not in ebay motors
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
STL914
post May 9 2005, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,271
Region Association: Upper MidWest

You're getting farther than I can. "My preferences are not currently available" is all I get when I try signing in.
+Quote Post
Mr.C
post May 9 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #3

Easy does it

Member No.: 61
Region Association: None

Good its not only me. I can't access my ebay. All I get is this..... Your preferences are not available at this time. Please try again later. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
morph
post May 9 2005, 09:36 PM
Post #4

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

We were having problems accesing ebay as well, but I was finally able to a few minutes ago.

HIEDI
+Quote Post
morph
post May 9 2005, 09:40 PM
Post #5

quality parts builder

Okay, I spoke too soon, still having problems
+Quote Post
scotty914
post May 9 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #6

suby torque rules

this has been happing for over an hour, i wonder if ebay will reset the clocks. i would think they are losing a lot of money. just think all the last min bids not going in on items with no bid or the ones going way higher in the last min. i would also figure they might not be able to collect on all the listing fees on item that did not sell because of this
+Quote Post
morph
post May 9 2005, 09:58 PM
Post #7

quality parts builder

Yeah, I'm kinda pissed because I have a large auction ending in 45 min. Cost me like $20 to list it.

HIEDI
+Quote Post
scotty914
post May 9 2005, 10:30 PM
Post #8

suby torque rules

well hiedi i almost bid 10 bucks just to do it then i saw it was you. but whats funny it is the only item i can get in to (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)

edit btw i am talking about the 914

This post has been edited by scott thacher: May 9 2005, 10:31 PM
+Quote Post
GWN7
post May 9 2005, 10:35 PM
Post #9

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

worked for a few secs then poof.....

I've got a item up on Dabay, guy with 0 feed back keeps bumping anyone who bids on it ........don't know if that's good or bad ...... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
smooth_eddy
post May 9 2005, 11:53 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,102

I've got a item up on Dabay, guy with 0 feed back keeps bumping anyone who bids on it ........don't know if that's good or bad ......  

Every eBay user has to start from ground zero. The addiction comes quick and a brand new eBayer will probably pay more for an item then it is worth. No feedback is way better then negative feedback. My 2 cents...... Eddy
+Quote Post
skline
post May 10 2005, 12:26 AM
Post #11

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

I would be affraid of a 0 feedback bidder if it is a high dollar item. They are most likely to back out and let it go since they have nothing to lose. They can just create a new user and start over.
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post May 10 2005, 06:40 AM
Post #12

:: Punch and Pie ::

Member No.: 3,342

QUOTE (smooth_eddy @ May 10 2005, 12:53 AM)
I've got a item up on Dabay, guy with 0 feed back keeps bumping anyone who bids on it ........don't know if that's good or bad ......  

Every eBay user has to start from ground zero. The addiction comes quick and a brand new eBayer will probably pay more for an item then it is worth. No feedback is way better then negative feedback. My 2 cents...... Eddy

I disagree.

In the 7-8 years I've been buying/selling on ebay, I have YET to have a 0 feedback member pay for an auction. It has happened 7-8 times now. Even when I say "0-3 feedback need to ask first" They do...and don't pay.

I guess there is a new feature they are going to add that'll allow you to give permission to 0-5s, but I haven't seen it yet.
+Quote Post
GBallantine
post May 10 2005, 06:54 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 2,930

Has anyone encountered the following?

I recieved an e mail from the E Bay Account Review Team stating that unusual activity had occurred on my account. I have not used the account in over 6 months. They then asked me to verify my e mail address and to fill out the account verification process form.
No where in the message is there an E Bay logo. The following day I recieved an E mail from E Bay with an official looking logo encouraging me take advantage of a special program. Is this a scam or what?
+Quote Post
Gint
post May 10 2005, 07:06 AM
Post #14

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE (GBallantine @ May 10 2005, 06:54 AM)
Has anyone encountered the following?

I recieved an e mail from the E Bay Account Review Team stating that unusual activity had occurred on my account. I have not used the account in over 6 months. They then  asked me to verify my e mail address and to  fill out the account verification process form.
No where in the message is there an E Bay logo. The following day I recieved an E mail from E Bay with an official looking logo encouraging me take advantage of a special program. Is this a scam or what?

Scam. Log into ebay and make sure your account works. Do not click on any link in the email you received. Scammers are doing this crap all the time now. They only need to get a few people to actually provide information and their effort is worthwhile.

Just for fun I checked a bank URL that I got in an "official" looking email. What a riot. Took me to a form asking for all of my personal information including my credit aard number AND the code on the back of the card! One grandma fills out that form and the dickweed makes money.
+Quote Post
Gary
post May 10 2005, 07:07 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 134
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Yup, scam. Yoosta be able to report these to scams@ebay.com, or some such, but last I tried, the email bounced. Now I just delete these.
+Quote Post
scotty914
post May 10 2005, 07:11 AM
Post #16

suby torque rules

best rule known for dealing with this stuff is two fold

1 if they ask for a password or personal info most likly a scam

2 you can always contact the service provider be it an ISP or ebay to confirm before you do anything

remember no body but a scamer will ask for your password or other info. if you get am email from lets say ebay saying you account was lost and you need to send them your password, go to ebay and try to sigh in. if they say there has been unusal activity go to ebay, sign in and look at your history.

ebay has a policy of emailing when they have a problem that tells you to go to the site and comfim stuff just like when you signed up, but never use the link in the email sign in to ebay directly, that way you dont get sucked to the scamers web site that looks like ebay but is not
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post May 10 2005, 07:14 AM
Post #17

Easiest way to tell...

eBay and PayPal will ALWAYS address you by name in an email. So if you see...

"Dear eBay Member," = Scam

"Dear Douglas Hardman," = Legit
(Unless you ALL get one saying 'Dear Douglas Hardman' and THAT would be freaky!)

Use your head....would a multi-billion dollar company REALLY just 'loose' your info?
+Quote Post
skline
post May 10 2005, 07:50 AM
Post #18

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

Any Ebay or PayPal emails should be reported to spoof@ebay.com if you think they are fake. They will never ask for personal information ever. I hope you didn't click on any of the links in there as it will install cookies and other crap through activeX to track personal information and password software to steal your passwords. If this is scaring you, good, it should.
+Quote Post
firstknight13
post May 10 2005, 09:53 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 3,817

i cant get into my fav's either. i no longer use paypal because of the overwelming amount of redoing my password/and giving my account info again and again. by accident i hit paypal on yahoo search and got some scarry info on paypal victims. there has to be a better way!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post May 10 2005, 10:11 AM
Post #20

QUOTE (firstknight13 @ May 10 2005, 10:53 AM)
i cant get into my fav's either. i no longer use paypal because of the overwelming amount of redoing my password/and giving my account info again and again. by accident i hit paypal on yahoo search and got some scarry info on paypal victims. there has to be a better way!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)

Well who's fault is that?

They NEVER ask you for your information...if you fell for the fake emails over and over, can you really blame them? I don't mean to be an ass, but if you fell for it, can you really blame PayPal?

I'm not saying the system is perfect, but it's pretty convienient....
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:27 AM