Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cruisin Grand Escondido CA - Brit & German Car Nite, SPC - if you bring your 914s!
Tom_T
post May 7 2017, 08:02 PM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) German Car Night at Escondido's Cruisin' Grand Classic Car Event is this Friday! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Hey folks, some of you have asked about taking your 914s etc. to Cruisin Grand last year ....

Well the Escondido CA "Cruisin' Grand" has a Brit & German Cars Theme Night on Aug. 4th 5-9 pm.

https://cruisingrand.com/events/view/2017-0...erman-car-night

It's best to get there early, but you can still come in whenever you can & park along Grand & the side streets where there is space. There are all sorts of Pubs & Eateries along Grand & the side streets, as well as a few Booths/Carts/Roach-coaches with food set up for the event.

I also would NOT worry if yours is a 74-76 914, since they won't know, unless you say so! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

This is a weekly event for pre-74 American Classics, but they have a few special weeks where imports are allowed, like this one, Panteras with the Mustangs & Shelby's, etc. So check here for any other Fridays that look interesting to you as well.

https://cruisingrand.com/events/calendar/2017

This is the main page with the general info at the bottom, which runs March thru September.

https://cruisingrand.com/

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 7 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #2

TMI....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

So Mike/Cuda911 - how about getting the word out to your PCA-SDR folks too, & I'll do so for OCR.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 9 2017, 11:22 AM
Post #3

TMI....

OCR now has it up on their website, spacebook page & App, & SDR is looking into maybe making an official Corral there, & will or have added it to their website/App/etc.

So put in for a day off on Friday 8/4, so you can drive there early enough in the day to beat traffic, then grab an early dinner or brewsky before it starts at 5 pm. I-5, I-15/215, & SR-76 do get heavy on Friday afternoons in both/all directions.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

Then park your 914 or other classic, & stroll the area of display cars! Keep in mind that the Grand Ave. parking is a rotating thing, with cars coming & going - so the cars on display change all night, while some stay.

I don't know where they'll set up the Brit & German Featured cars as yet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Cheers!
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 9 2017, 11:38 AM
Post #4

TMI....

Just a couple of other suggestions .... & another (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

Some of you may want to meet up in North Coastal SD County, North Inland SD County, IE, OC & LA areas to Cruise in as a Group too, for a good show of force! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

If anyone doesn't want to drive back home that night, there are many nice motels in Escondido & North SD County - so you could make a weekend or Saturday of it in the SD area.

Any hold-overs could meet up for breakfast in Escondido & I can recco a place & meet up with y'all there too, since I'll overnight with my buddy in Escondido anyway.

Tom
///////

+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 10 2017, 08:21 PM
Post #5

TMI....

Put in for your full or 1/2 day off for Friday 8/4/17, so you can make this event! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

It would be nice to get a strong 91 turn-out there! Maybe we can outnumber the taildraggers!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Also, I wouldn't worry about whether your 914 is <72 per their rules, since almost nobody there will know if it's a 70 or 76, but will be glad to see a bunch of them out there.

It's just a cruise-in & display show, so Restomods, engine swaps, etc. will all be appreciated.

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 31 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #6

TMI....

'Tis this Friday! Be there, or be square!

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Aug 1 2017, 09:50 AM
Post #7

MikeM

Member No.: 19,600

I'll be there! But, I'll be in my '76 2002. The 914 isn't ready yet.

I go to this almost every week. Usually just once up and down and then go home. When my daughters want to hang out for a while, we'll park and walk the place.

Always great to see the cars out there. Some classic Porsche and BMW's will only make it better!

There are great restaurants there as well, covering the spectrum of $$$ so, you're covered pretty much no matter what you may want.

Hope to meet some of you there!
+Quote Post
76-914
post Aug 1 2017, 10:17 AM
Post #8

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

I'm aiming to make this one. Parts are due to arrive Wednesday so I should be ready. If they list a designated parking zone, let us know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Aug 1 2017, 12:09 PM
Post #9

MikeM

I know the guy who organizes most of this. We're putting in a call to him to ask right now.

Not sure if he'll respond, it's always hit or miss but, if he does, I'll post it here.
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Aug 1 2017, 01:50 PM
Post #10

MikeM

Just heard back. Supposedly, they are setting up parking on Broadway, south of Grand Ave.

http://tinyurl.com/ya4ceube

It would probably be easiest to get to that street by turning east on to 2nd ave, from Center City Parkway.

Hopefully that map will work.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Aug 2 2017, 11:18 AM
Post #11

TMI....

QUOTE(mmichalik @ Aug 1 2017, 12:50 PM) *

Just heard back. Supposedly, they are setting up parking on Broadway, south of Grand Ave.

It would probably be easiest to get to that street by turning east on to 2nd ave, from Center City Parkway.

Thanx for checking Mike!

That makes sense, since IIRC they usually put the featured cars on the North of Broadway &/or the other side street blocks off Broadway. Maybe they're expecting more than one block's worth of German cars?

Hope to meet you there.

I won't have my 914 either, but not sure if we'll be in our blue `88 Westy or the silver-blue 85 325e - but neither are in period, so we'll park up on 2nd street, usually near the Library.

You can look for us walking around or eating somewhere, since my wife & I are coming down & will be meeting up with some of my old daze" San Diego area HS buddies & their gals - although the gals may be looking more at the antique shops (I know my wife will! ;-)

What color is your `02, so I can keep a look-out for you & daughters?

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Aug 2 2017, 12:52 PM
Post #12

TMI....

QUOTE(mmichalik @ Aug 1 2017, 08:50 AM) *

I'll be there! But, I'll be in my '76 2002. The 914 isn't ready yet.

I go to this almost every week. Usually just once up and down and then go home. When my daughters want to hang out for a while, we'll park and walk the place.

Always great to see the cars out there. Some classic Porsche and BMW's will only make it better!

There are great restaurants there as well, covering the spectrum of $$$ so, you're covered pretty much no matter what you may want.

Hope to meet some of you there!

Hey Mike,

Did you go to HS in San Diego or North County? .... if so, which?

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Aug 2 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #13

MikeM

Hey Mike,

Tom
///////
[/quote]

Hi Tom,

North County. San Pasqual in Escondido. Class of '87 to be exact.

Mike
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Aug 2 2017, 04:31 PM
Post #14

MikeM

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 2 2017, 10:18 AM) *

QUOTE(mmichalik @ Aug 1 2017, 12:50 PM) *

Thanx for checking Mike!

That makes sense, since IIRC they usually put the featured cars on the North of Broadway &/or the other side street blocks off Broadway. Maybe they're expecting more than one block's worth of German cars?

Hope to meet you there.

I won't have my 914 either, but not sure if we'll be in our blue `88 Westy or the silver-blue 85 325e - but neither are in period, so we'll park up on 2nd street, usually near the Library.

You can look for us walking around or eating somewhere, since my wife & I are coming down & will be meeting up with some of my old daze" San Diego area HS buddies & their gals - although the gals may be looking more at the antique shops (I know my wife will! ;-)

What color is your `02, so I can keep a look-out for you & daughters?

Tom
///////

Just saw this one.

My car right now is "mostly" primer gray at the moment with Polaris Blue fenders and hood. It's a work in progress as the 914 is getting the bulk of the attention right now. Once it's done, the '02 will be put up on jacks and striped down to nothing.

Like I've done with the 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm usually there around 5:00 - 6:00. I heard that there are going to be a couple of MB Gullwings there as well. Be interesting to see if they actually show up.

Mike
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Aug 2 2017, 05:16 PM
Post #15

TMI....

[quote name='mmichalik' date='Aug 2 2017, 02:40 PM' post='2512839']
Hey Mike,

Tom
///////
[/quote]

Hi Tom,

North County. San Pasqual in Escondido. Class of '87 to be exact.

Mike
[/quote]

Cool, but you must be younger than me, cuz there was no San Pasqual when I went to HS.

I was Uni class of `70 (`66-70 when still across from USD & still all boys), & my buddies Mike (`72) & Randy (`69) were Clairmont HS - & we all lived in University City.

We plan to meet at 3:00 pm at the Continental Deli on Kalmia just south of Grand Ave. if I can get my wife going soon enough to beat traffic south from OC for that - whihc is a BIG IF! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

We usually start cruising on foot after that, so would be walking around about the time y'all get there at 5-6 pm.

So is your 02 primer grey + Polaris Silver or Fjord Blue?

I don't recall a Polaris Blue in that era, but my 325e is Cosmos Blue, which is close but a tad less bluish than Fjord.

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Aug 3 2017, 08:49 AM
Post #16

MikeM

Hi Tom,

I always call it blue but you are correct, it's Polaris Silver....

Hope to meet you there!

Mike
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Aug 4 2017, 12:06 PM
Post #17

TMI....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

TODAY - THIS EVENING!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) .... Ruck on!

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Curbandgutter
post Aug 4 2017, 01:17 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 15,637

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 4 2017, 11:06 AM) *

Tom, I'm going to be there with my wife for my Birthday! I won't be driving my teen it's still in the project phase but I'll try and meet up with you.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Aug 4 2017, 01:23 PM
Post #19

TMI....

QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Aug 4 2017, 12:17 PM) *

Tom, I'm going to be there with my wife for my Birthday! I won't be driving my teen it's still in the project phase but I'll try and meet up with you.

Mine is still in the works too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

So we'll be in my Cosmos Blue (light silvery-blue) `85 325e E30 - which is not in their period correct date range, so will be probably parked on 2nd near the library.

We will be leaving soon to meet my buddies at 3 at the Continental Deli on Kalmia for Lunner or Dunch, then off cruising on foot.

I'm wearing a blue 914 t-shirt & tan 914 hat & tan shorts, if you're looking.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/birthday3.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Curbandgutter
post Aug 4 2017, 02:16 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 15,637

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 4 2017, 12:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Aug 4 2017, 12:17 PM) *

Mine is still in the works too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

So we'll be in my Cosmos Blue (light silvery-blue) `85 325e E30 - which is not in their period correct date range, so will be probably parked on 2nd near the library.

We will be leaving soon to meet my buddies at 3 at the Continental Deli on Kalmia for Lunner or Dunch, then off cruising on foot.

I'm wearing a blue 914 t-shirt & tan 914 hat & tan shorts, if you're looking.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/birthday3.gif)

Tom
///////

OK will look out for you. However, we are getting there closer to 6:30-7:00. Have reservations at Vincent's at 7:30. Ill be wearing a grey short sleeve shirt with shorts.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:07 AM