Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB: left + right cushion w/ cord fabric for 914/6
IAA1963
post May 13 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,652
Region Association: None

Hi,

I am searching for original seat cushions for the left and right seat. The right cushion is for the early fixed seat. They should have the early broader black cord fabric.
My /6 was build in 05/70 and is being fully restored. Last two items I need to complete the interior are these two cushions.

Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 13 2017, 12:35 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(IAA1963 @ May 13 2017, 11:04 AM) *

Hi,

I am searching for original seat cushions for the left and right seat. The right cushion is for the early fixed seat. They should have the early broader black cord fabric.
My /6 was build in 05/70 and is being fully restored. Last two items I need to complete the interior are these two cushions.

Mark

Mark, I assume that you mean the black corduroy fabric?

It will be very hard to find it original & not worn out by now, but you might try talking directly with George Hussey at Auto Atlanta to see if he knows of any, or if he has any NOS fabbric to have yours or another core set recovered.

Autos International in Fallbrook or World Upholstery in Ventura (both CA) may have a close substitute fabric with which they can recover them, as another option.

If you are restoring & prepping for the PCA Parade in Spokane next month, then you may also want to discuss any other items/issues/concerns with George as well, cuz he's been through the process many times since the 914s first came out in 1970.

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
IAA1963
post May 13 2017, 01:19 PM
Post #3

Hi Tom,

Yes, I mean the black corduroy.

I was is contac with George and I have bought a couple of his NOS items, but he does not have the original corduroy.
I know some substitute fabrics, but I have two original seat back pads w/ black early corduroy and I would prefer to add two used seat cushions. The seat back pads lost a little bit color, but other than that they do not have any issues. So maybe someone has a nice matching seat cushion.

Mark
+Quote Post
tweet
post May 13 2017, 04:08 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,579
Region Association: South East States

I have this one. Not perfect but still very usable. You can use fabric dye once you have all of the pieces to color match together. It is not blue, some fading on seat top.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
IAA1963
post May 13 2017, 11:42 PM
Post #5

Thank you, but this looks like the later corduroy.
+Quote Post
IAA1963
post May 14 2017, 12:33 PM
Post #6

This is the early corduroy fabric I am looking for:

Attached Image

And for comparison ... this is the later corduroy fabric:

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post May 14 2017, 12:53 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Do you have access to a fabric store? They usually have all types of cord material for coats, pants etc.
+Quote Post
IAA1963
post May 30 2017, 02:00 PM
Post #8

I have just found a very nice original driver seat with the correct early vinyl and corduroy fabric. The cordory is not worn out and without any damage. That a find (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

So I am still looking for an original black corduary fabric cushion for the fixed passanger seat. This is the final piece I need to complete the interior of my /6 ...

Attached Image
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post May 30 2017, 09:23 PM
Post #9

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

Try Brad Mayeur at 914 Limited. His id on the world is 914ltd or give him a call 309-694-1797. I'm hitting the Stoddard Swap meet this weekend and I will see if I can find anything there for you.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:04 AM