Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1973 914 2.0 liter engine
drifter914
post Aug 25 2017, 11:19 AM
Post #21

drifter914

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,863
Region Association: Southwest Region

Also confusing is the link to the previous sellers ad where it states it's a '73 & "originally a 1.8 liter".
Not trying to detract here, but the price line is obviously the roadblock on this combination for the seller to attract a buyer.
The car itself is certainly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) a winner in so many ways & someone who was really motivated to buy it wouldn't let that border get in the way. Fly up / drive 'er home !
I think, in this case, it's price that's the hold up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Aug 25 2017, 01:46 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 17,103
Region Association: None

QUOTE(roblav1 @ Aug 25 2017, 01:05 AM) *

I'd take it at $16K if he brought it over the border!

Same here (if positive ppi) and I would have it shipped this way but price seems to be firm (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
fduval
post Aug 26 2017, 10:57 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 15,331
Region Association: Canada

Here are a few shot of today just after a nice wash..... look at the shine of the paint and chrome bumpers. refelction is 10/10

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=617
661]Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Jazzy
post Sep 22 2017, 03:46 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 21,432
Region Association: Europe

I'm interested, sent a message...
+Quote Post
burton73
post Sep 22 2017, 09:48 PM
Post #25

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

Winter is coming on and lots of cars will be put away for the season.
It hurts you that you at the high end of your cars valve and that you are out of the USA and that the car is not with its original Eng. At these higher numbers people are or can be very picky. There have been some good-looking cars up for sale and as more cars are restored it will make it harder to get the higher price.
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Sep 23 2017, 11:07 AM
Post #26

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Tried, but didn't work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Jazzy
post Sep 24 2017, 11:26 AM
Post #27

So if I would like to see a PPI, how does that work in Canada? Is there a company that I can hire to visit the car or would the seller need to bring his car to a dealership?
+Quote Post
RennTiger
post Sep 25 2017, 02:06 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 6,850

QUOTE(Jazzy @ Sep 24 2017, 10:26 AM) *

So if I would like to see a PPI, how does that work in Canada? Is there a company that I can hire to visit the car or would the seller need to bring his car to a dealership?

I considered this car last year. I spoke to the owner and also to a noted air cooled tech who was familiar with the car and I can report that by all accounts it is an excellent car and priced fairly as is.. Also, I have purchased cars in Canada before and it is simple and straightforward for anything over 25 years old. Not sure about California, but easy to bring to USA and register in my home state of WA anyway. The border dealings took all of 15 minutes. Also, anyone with interest should have no problem arranging a PPI in the area.
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Sep 25 2017, 09:17 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

QUOTE(Coondog @ May 19 2017, 11:28 AM) *

Amazing that no one bought this car when you posted it for sale before and even after your upgrades. 19,000 is a very fair price even without the original engine.

Thanks, I hope it goes to a good home.

Going to double down on my original quote. $ 19,000 is a great price. One could not even get close to that if they tried to restore a 5k and up 914. Cars been 4-sale now going on two years, please someone overseas buy this car.
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Sep 26 2017, 08:47 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(Coondog @ Sep 26 2017, 05:17 AM) *

Amazing that no one bought this car when you posted it for sale before and even after your upgrades. 19,000 is a very fair price even without the original engine.

Going to double down on my original quote. $ 19,000 is a great price. One could not even get close to that if they tried to restore a 5k and up 914. Cars been 4-sale now going on two years, please someone overseas buy this car.

19000 usd car
380 usd 2% insurance seafreight
2900 usd shippingcost to Rotterdam
1336 usd 6 % importtax over the above
660 usd file, administration etc
250 usd landtransport local

24.526 usd local

also add, a few bits and pieces to get the car registered

Did the math (plenty times as I like the look of this car very very much) but for me (this is personal ofcourse) this is over budget for a non original 2.0 usa spec car (sorry but they are worth less here compared to an original euro spec car....).

greetings
fm an overseas potential buyer of a good 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Dax
+Quote Post
fduval
post Sep 26 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 15,331
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Sep 26 2017, 06:47 AM) *

19000 usd car

24.526 usd local

Did the math (plenty times as I like the look of this car very very much) but for me (this is personal ofcourse) this is over budget for a non original 2.0 usa spec car (sorry but they are worth less here compared to an original euro spec car....).

greetings
fm an overseas potential buyer of a good 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Dax

Just a thought ..... There arent any good used 914 over in Europe ??? You would save all these additionnal cost !!

cheers
Francois
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Sep 27 2017, 03:00 AM
Post #32

QUOTE(fduval @ Sep 27 2017, 03:43 AM) *

QUOTE(dax1969 @ Sep 26 2017, 06:47 AM) *

19000 usd car

24.526 usd local

greetings

Dax

Just a thought ..... There arent any good used 914 over in Europe ??? You would save all these additionnal cost !!

cheers
Francois

Hi Francois,

90 % are usa imports in the lower price range (read : a lot of work needed). The good ones are for sale at astonishing prices (mostly cardealers who think they can set high price as the car has a Porsche badge)
Ofcourse I keep monitoring here in Europe as well.

Checked on a Euro spec car last week which was nearly perfect (rebuilt engine, gearbox, electrics, clutch, new floorpan and longs etc) but then I noticed this ....

Attached Image

GRRRRR... thinks something went wrong replacing the longs.

Once again, love your car very much and if I were closer and didn't have the additional cost I would jump right in. To make it worth for me I need (slightly) lower purchaseprice (and most probably a car not as good as yours....) keeping some extra cash aside for unexpected issues...

krgds
Dax

+Quote Post
Jazzy
post Sep 27 2017, 05:26 AM
Post #33

I'm trying to but have to ask you to stop telling the owner how great the price is. This doesn't make the negotiation process any easier. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm from the Netherlands and in the same boat as Dax. The base price of this car is at the higher end, but there's a lot of additional costs involved before the car is actually here.

Anyway, the owner has sent me more detailed photo's of the risk spots in car and I'm convinced this car is in a very nice condition. If only the price was a bit lower...

BTW, I'm new here but found tons of valuable information on this site. Awesome!
+Quote Post
dax1969
post Sep 27 2017, 05:52 AM
Post #34

If only the price was a bit lower...

Then you would come second... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Coondog
post Sep 27 2017, 07:58 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

QUOTE(Jazzy @ Sep 27 2017, 04:26 AM) *

I'm trying to but have to ask you to stop telling the owner how great the price is. This doesn't make the negotiation process any easier. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm from the Netherlands and in the same boat as Dax. The base price of this car is at the higher end, but there's a lot of additional costs involved before the car is actually here.

Anyway, the owner has sent me more detailed photo's of the risk spots in car and I'm convinced this car is in a very nice condition. If only the price was a bit lower...

BTW, I'm new here but found tons of valuable information on this site. Awesome!

Your right, it's not a great price........it's a really great price, and don't forget the owner converted to 5 lug. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

+Quote Post
JOEPROPER
post Sep 28 2017, 12:27 PM
Post #36

The answer is "no" unless you ask...

Member No.: 19,387
Region Association: North East States

There is similar situation on BAT now. Originally 1.8 replaced with a 2.0. Not exactly the same situation, but similar and might be a good reference point.
+Quote Post
cal44
post Sep 28 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 10,910

I've been patiently waiting for logic to be written. I read, "it's to much money", it isn't a real 2.0 but a 1.8, it's in Canada, it isn't in the U.S, the border....on and on.

When someone puts a 3.2 Carrera engine in a true 914/6 I read comments like it is the greatest thing since electricity. Someone installs a 6 in a regular 914 oh' the holy grail.................

On this car, it isn't the price (well maybe a little), it looks like a little peach of a car. It's the location in the middle of bum....f......no where. There is the problem. That and it is 3000 miles from me in SoCal. I checked into enclosed shipping, $2500.00 U.S.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Sep 28 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #38

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

This is a terrific car - said it before will say it again. But, if someone is looking for numbers matching, they need to be aware this is not that car. Great car, but not that car.

I can speak to the criticism one gets when putting a 3.2, or really any other engine, in a real Six. I get messages all of the time about my decision to do that, most recently on Monday.... So, that's just the nature of the beast. Will it deter me? No way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 28 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #39

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Numbers matching is like detailing the transmission. Its a nice thought for a moment but has nothing to do with driving the car. Don't let the weenie factor talk you out of buying a nice car.
If this was my car, I'd probably raise the price $10k to move it away from the penny pinchers and into a range where the people looking have more money to spend.
I'd also have some pics done by a pro. They know how to make a car look like a million bucks.
+Quote Post
cal44
post Sep 28 2017, 07:35 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 10,910

A 3.2 is in my opinion one of Porsche's best. Installing a 3.2 is a grand idea. If you have the original engine then save it of course.

Getting back to this fellows car, what's the saying?. "pay now pay later"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:19 PM