Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> stock fuel injection at very high altitudes questions
piscean914
post May 24 2017, 06:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,637

hey guys - i'm off to the wcr next week - my 914 engine is a bit upgraded, but i still run the stock fuel injection - i also have an adjustable MPS (thanks j bowlsby,) and i will bring a portable O2 reader, if i need to make adjustments - i have run this car up to 6000 feet, with no noticeable differences (but not checking the O2 reader) - the WCR will take place in mammoth lakes, ca, which is base elevation at 7880 feet, and up from there! does the stock fuel injection adjust for altitude? if so, how? any other thoughts? thanks for looking! brad k in seattle
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rand
post May 24 2017, 06:59 PM
Post #2

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

I drove my djet over all the passes around Tahoe, and nearing 10,000 feet didn't phase it. I wouldn't worry about it, especially for a one-off road trip. As old as the 914 FI systems are, they still deal with elevation well in my experience. It will be interesting to hear how the carbed cars do.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 24 2017, 07:02 PM
Post #3

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Brad,

The 2.0 Djet EFI's ECU automatically adjusts for altitude & load, etc. & is why it met smog in all 50 states. No more carb re-jetting!

I don't know if your upbuild of the 2L will set off some of the settings, but the Djet is supposed to still be good on the 2056s.

Unless you've figured a way to take your 914 up the ski lift, then you won't have to worry about any altitude above Mamouth's 7800-ish base! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I've had my stock 73 2L up to 12,000+/- ft mountain passes before without any issues (back in the day 75-85 132K miles as my DD).

Safe Travels! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
piscean914
post May 26 2017, 03:33 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,637

thanks for the responses - that's what i thought - cheers, brad
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:27 AM