Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Needle in a Haystack, Interested in an all original 914 - '73 - '74
mepstein
post Oct 29 2017, 06:42 AM
Post #21

914-6 GT in waiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jul 15 2017, 08:00 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 4 2017, 08:57 AM) *

I think there are still many out there. If I see one, I'll let you know. Mark

Care to define your idea of "many"? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Many, meaning they certainly exist but the owners don't usually throw them on ebay or craigslist. Most are private sales. I see early 911's and even some 356's available in the condition Steve is looking for but they never make the open market.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
chilling in vt
post Oct 29 2017, 09:20 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 4,528

A nice looking car is on the Boston area Craigslist.

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/d/197...6365435951.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
burton73
post Oct 29 2017, 11:22 AM
Post #23

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

If I remember right Steve spend a lot of time removing the undercoating and detailing his car. Not sure if Steve’s car (Sahara Beige Steve-type car) had any nicks that he fixed? It looks like it is the cleanest 914 to exist that has not been restored.

So are we saying no patina(AKA), any chips, and door dings? On original paint

Bob B
+Quote Post
smokey
post Nov 9 2017, 03:24 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 7,816
Region Association: None

Pm sent
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Nov 9 2017, 09:42 AM
Post #25

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

There are several low mile cars on e bay now, and that boston car is certainly original enough, but even I think that 29 is a bit too much for a 1.7.
Of course you purchase a car like this and you are now the automatic caretaker of your own personal 914 museum and can not drive the car much at all or you will drive the value off. That is why I now like the lesser cars. Fix them up, and they are great to drive in bliss not having to worry about a nick or scratch. Steve and I now between us have 16 914s that we really cannot drive and enjoy as we did when we were young. HOWEVER, the best thing is that we constantly have 914s around that we can drive and have fun with, respectable, but not too nice!
+Quote Post
914Next
post Nov 9 2017, 08:06 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(sholman5 @ Oct 29 2017, 07:25 AM) *

If any of you have seen Steve's 73 2.0, then you would know what he is looking for. Okteenerfest stock class and best of show winner.
All original. Nicest example of an all original car that you would ever see in a life time.

Thanks for the nice comments. And yes, if I'm buying another, I really do want it to be about as nice as the one we have. I don't have room for much more but one more nice 914 would be fun to have.

To George's comments below concerning having pristine cars that one cannot realistically drive, I do agree that it is the love/hate part of owning all original cars. But, I personally will drive my cars minimally because I enjoy it and I'm not in it just for the investment. I know I won't lose money long term and 750-1,000 miles per year is a good thing in my view. I just need a couple so that I can drive several thousand miles a year between them!

Smokey, I did respond to your pm. Sounds like it may be a really nice car. As mentioned though, if I'm going to get just one more, I may just hold out for a really interesting one....right year ('73-73) right engine (2.0) and right color (orange or green or PTS.....as I said....needle in a haystack.

+Quote Post
smokey
post Nov 13 2017, 08:00 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 7,816

QUOTE(914Next @ Nov 9 2017, 06:06 PM) *

QUOTE(sholman5 @ Oct 29 2017, 07:25 AM) *

If any of you have seen Steve's 73 2.0, then you would know what he is looking for. Okteenerfest stock class and best of show winner.
All original. Nicest example of an all original car that you would ever see in a life time.

Thanks for the nice comments. And yes, if I'm buying another, I really do want it to be about as nice as the one we have. I don't have room for much more but one more nice 914 would be fun to have.

To George's comments below concerning having pristine cars that one cannot realistically drive, I do agree that it is the love/hate part of owning all original cars. But, I personally will drive my cars minimally because I enjoy it and I'm not in it just for the investment. I know I won't lose money long term and 750-1,000 miles per year is a good thing in my view. I just need a couple so that I can drive several thousand miles a year between them!

Smokey, I did respond to your pm. Sounds like it may be a really nice car. As mentioned though, if I'm going to get just one more, I may just hold out for a really interesting one....right year ('73-73) right engine (2.0) and right color (orange or green or PTS.....as I said....needle in a haystack.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

It only took me thirty years to find my lil car. I am not selling it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:19 AM