Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 1973 1.7L - Allentown, PA (North of Philly)
jbachert
post Jun 11 2017, 10:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,329
Region Association: North East States

Selling my 1973 1.7L 914 - Located near Allentown, PA (1 hour north of Philadelphia)

103,000 original miles
Runs and drives well

This car is a survivor - no restoration, mostly all original as far as I can tell. Solid car overall.

http://s294.photobucket.com/user/jbachert/slideshow/914%20FS

---------------------------------
History of the car (as I know it):

The car was purchased new and kept by the original owner until around 2008 when he passed away. The car then sold to an older gentleman that never really drove the car. He kept it for around 2 years and then it was sold to the gentleman that I purchased it from. He took the car to Translog in York, PA to have it completely gone over, checked for rust, resolve any issues, etc. (See the work orders in the album). I purchased the car from him and have had it since.

Since I purchased the car I have put on around 3,000 miles or so relatively problem free.
Off the top of my head some things I have done to it:

Replaced the carpet
Replaced fuel pump
Installed stainless steel fuel lines and all new rubber lines (just as a "preventative" to get rid of the plastic fuel lines)
Installed LED turn signal and brake lights (purchased from forum member Spoke - they use the original connectors, can be switched back to regular bulbs simply by taking the LED out and putting in regular bulb)

Car runs and drives great.
The "bad":

Has some nicks here and there on the paint that have been touched up...typical little marks you'd expect for a car that is 44 years old.

Drivers seat has a tear on the seating surface and also on the bolster. Neither are terrible (I have black tape over the one on the seating surface). Plan was to reupholster the seats, just never got around to it.

There was surface rust under the battery but before it got any worse the previous owner painted over it with a brown rust preventative paint. Hell hole is solid.
It's a great car over all. I am only selling because we had our first child and a two seat "fun" car isn't really possible to use a whole lot anymore. My wife and I used to take it for rides, car shows, etc. but since there is no place for a child seat (obviously!) I haven't really gotten as much use out of it as I'd like and would prefer to see it go to the next person who can enjoy it as much as I did.

I have the original owners manual, documentation of services performed over the years, original window sticker,etc.

This is a "non appearance group car" which is why there is no sail panel vinyl, center gauges, etc.

Asking $13,914 OBO. Please no lowball offers without having even seen the car. Of course I am open to offers...just hoping to avoid the "I'll give you $1000" offers from people who haven't even looked at the car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

See all the photos in the album (linked above).

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i294.photobucket.com-15329-1497198462.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jbachert
post Jun 28 2017, 04:33 AM
Post #2

Price lowered...great car!
+Quote Post
LowBridge
post Jun 28 2017, 09:14 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 19,045

great looking teener... GLWS
+Quote Post
jbachert
post Jul 1 2017, 09:20 AM
Post #4

Sold Pending Funds...will update if that changes.
+Quote Post
struckn
post Jul 1 2017, 12:06 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,764
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(jbachert @ Jul 1 2017, 07:20 AM) *

Sold Pending Funds...will update if that changes.

Congrats, the asking price sounded reasonable IMO, you'll miss it but, Baby and Wife comes first.

The fact that Translog GT in York had it to go over and fix any issues is a MAJOR Plus. Tony did mine, front to rear mechanical restoration four years ago and it has run perfectly ever since.

The guys doing Builds, spend more time and money trying to do the work their self, and seem to not get to enjoy driving their cars. A good shop probably would be less expensive when done. Plus the car is done, dependable and you're able to drive it with no paranoia.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:14 AM