Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ADMINS! deleting posts, by the poster child
scotty b
post May 12 2005, 05:31 PM
Post #1

rust free you say ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

I was thinking that in an effort to clean up the board, could you guys (admins) post a button so that (for example) when I am logged in, I can hit the button which would bring up all of MY postings only? This would allow us the posters, to take the responsibility of deleting our own posts when we feel they have run their course? Obviously if they contain relative content or are an update post we could keep it but this way, some of the silly O.T. crap that we all post ,can be tossed after 3-4 weeks.Just a thought?!
Thank you for your support
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bondo
post May 12 2005, 05:46 PM
Post #2

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

I'm no admin, but I think what you describe already exists. Click "members" next to the search button. Then find youself and go to your member profile page. Then there's a link to "show all posts by this member".
+Quote Post
Rusty
post May 13 2005, 06:25 AM
Post #3

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Bondo hit the nail on the head.

All users are free to delete their own threads.

Another quick way to see what you're participating in is to go to your My Controls (link above) and look to the left to check your subscriptions.

If a user chooses not to delete their thread, it becomes part of our wonderful archived history.

-Rusty (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post May 15 2005, 07:13 AM
Post #4

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

OOHHHHHH one of these days I may actually sit down and learn ABOUT this site. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif) Thanks guys!! If only more people would take the time and responsibility to do this....... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Gint
post May 18 2005, 07:18 AM
Post #5

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Just remember that your posts may often contain usefull material to other club members. By deleteing them, you are making them unavailable for ever. We get folks asking all the time what happened to xyz thread because while you may not have thought it usefull, someone else did.

Personally I don't see the need for deleting threads at all unless you started one and said something really stupid that you wanted to remove asap. Not picking strictly on you; I've done it myself on more than one occasion.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 08:46 AM