Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 73 914 just arrived - Electrical issues, No Headlights or brake lights, no power at fuse
anythingaircooled
post Jun 17 2017, 07:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,110
Region Association: None

My 73 914 just arrived from Georgia (Original color Delphi Green Metallic). I bought it site unseen and had it shipped. It was cheap and I'm a little nuts! It's a decent car that is to become a nice hotrod someday.
The first I am working on is getting the electrical issues sorted so I can drive it. The car starts, runs and drives. The following electrical problems are present.

1) No Brake lights (switch in place)
2) No headlights (they go up and down)
3) No turn Signals

I do have all running lights working with the headlight switch on. tail lights, side markers, and front lights. I have no power at fuses 1 through 5 and new fuses in place. When I dropped the fuse box everything looked ok with the exception of a light blue wire cut from the last position far right. Still have power there. Looking for some advice on where to start hunting down the issues.
Thanks
Steve
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 03:49 AM