Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1.7 doesn't want to stay running
Tbone425
post Jun 18 2017, 12:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,065
Region Association: Southwest Region

So my 71 day for a few months. Went to start it and it started dumping gas at the injector elbows. I had to park it for a few months because I was in the middle of moving cross-country. Replaced the injectors and elbows as well as drained the fuel tank put a new filter. And fresh gas. Now it starts, wilnidke for a few seconds before dying. If gets gas it will choke and pop while the gas is pushed but then gets a little more run time. If I feather the gas quickly it will let the RPMs climb but continues piping and choking. I checked all of the vacuum lines and they seem to be fine, as well as the intake boot..no splits.

Thinking I would pull each injector and test it into a glass jar next. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks all!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:12 AM