Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Maaco Body Shops
Alfieg23
post Jun 18 2017, 11:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,854
Region Association: South East States

Who has used a Maaco Body Shop to paint their 914 and how pleased were you with the result?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mepstein
post Jun 18 2017, 11:55 AM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

We have a Macco in our industrial park and have sent a couple cars to them for paint. We do the bodywork and prep - remove everything, mask for overspray. We then usually buff the paint afterword. For $1200, we get an almost half decent paint job. This is good for track cars, low cost resale cars and daily driver cars. The shop is pretty professional. One of our body guys used to work there. He just worked to the quality that was expected. Not bad but certainaly not great. I don't think the paint will fall off the car. It's real paint, just pretty cheap.
I know one of the painters there and I had him do my motorcycle frame, tanks and side panels. He is a top notch painter and makes good money at maaco because he's fast and doesn't make mistakes. He will probably paint my 914 in his hand made spray booth (can't do side jobs at work), When he did my bike, he purchased top quality paint, about $500 -wholesale, for single stage black paint on the frame and 2 stage on the tanks and side panels. Maybe a quart of paint and a pint of clear. Way more expensive than what he uses at work.
So it really depends what you have for a budget and what are your expectations. Our 911 paint jobs cost us about $6k (from a painter that we send a lot of business) and that's after we do all the bodywork and paint the underside, interior, trunks and engine bay in single stage.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 06:14 PM