Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Maaco Body Shops
Alfieg23
post Jun 18 2017, 11:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,854
Region Association: South East States

Who has used a Maaco Body Shop to paint their 914 and how pleased were you with the result?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom_T
post Jun 18 2017, 12:52 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

2 words - do NOT!

I used one in 2006 for my 85 BMW 325e, who supposedly had classic car resto experience referred by some 50's hot rod buddies here in town. MAACO did a crappy job which started peeling in 20015, it was not the color + clear coat paint which I paid for, & they had overspray all over the place - not to mention the 1st try they had filter crud all over the paint embedded, & too 4-5 months to do a 2 week job, & it still had the crud in the paint the 2nd time & told me to sue them if I didn't like it! The went BK a couple of weeks after "finishing" my car, & MAACO corporate was NO help!

MAACO also uses lesser quality Sherwin Williams paints - rather that top tier PPG, Dupont, Glasurit, Sikkends, etc. paints - so the durability isn't there.

I would be suspect of any resto shop that uses MAACO for paint jobs for that reason too.

Look elsewhere for a good resto or body shop that uses top qualitiy materials, does proper bdy work & prep, & you'll save mony & hassles in the long run!

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 01:18 PM