Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alternative Fix for Speedo Angle Drive Leak, Just an O-Ring Might Solve Your Leak
Ansbacher
post Jun 25 2017, 03:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,589

Got all the parts to fix my speedo angle drive leak that has been a problem since getting the car three years ago. However when I disassembled everything I discovered (as most everyone has) how hard it is to remove the sealing washer to get to the inner seal, so I said the hell with that and just replaced the large sleeve o-ring as per S.O.P. Put it back together and it still leaked. So...looked at it all very closely and decided to put an extra o-ring at the location in the pic provided below. I found a suitable sized o-ring in my parts supplies that fit nice and snug at that location. Screwed it all back together and voila- No Leaks from the angle drive whatsoever and I never had to touch the inner seal! Speedo works as always.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Jun 25 2017, 09:54 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

You may still wind up with oil getting pumped up along the speedo cable, where it will drip out from behind your dash and stain any light-colored pants you might be wearing....

At least I got a pair of "garage pants" out of that.

--DD
+Quote Post
Ansbacher
post Jun 25 2017, 10:01 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,589

Damn. Thanks DD, I knew it was too good to be true. When I stain my pants I'll know it's time to bite the bullet and tackle that inner seal.

Ansbacher
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:07 PM