Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> IS a perfect idle realistic with a 1.7 D-jetrinic?, Idle is low after hot restarts
pmead
post Jun 25 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,813
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Ok, I know its been discussed many times, and have searched the archives but I still have a small idle issue. Car is a 73 1.7 with stock injection. Car runs great, great mileage, runs cool, quiet, etc..... but after a hot start will idle slow (around 200-250) for about 2 miles of driving then returns to 950 and is great until I shut down for a few minutes and start it again. Then the idle will drop for a couple of miles again. I have tested every component and all components are in spec. (car does not have deaccel valve) Yesterday I replaced all vacuum lines, intake gaskets and sleeves injector seals etc.. I was hoping I had a phantom vacuum leak but car still does the same thing. The cold starts are fine. I have read that some people have spaced the cylinder head temp sender away from the head. Is this the cure????? By the way, timing, dwell, valve lash, compression are all correct. Am I expecting to much of the D-jet?? The car does not stall, but it does not seem correct and I like things to be correct. Any Ideas would be appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:22 PM