Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help evaluate my car in NJ, What to do next
chewy71
post Jun 25 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,310
Region Association: None

Hi, I have had my 914 for about 7 years , with it on or off the road for mechanical issues at various times. I knew nothing about these cars when I bought it, but have made the necessary mechanical repairs to keep it going for at least some of the time.

I really enjoy driving it, but the time has come to take a look at the rust and decide if I should tackle it or continue to drive as is as long as I can. I believe many rust repairs were
made by previous owners but don't know how to evaluate.

The car does drive straight at all speeds and sits right. the doors close well and there does not appear to be any sag.

What I need is someone who knows more about these cars then me to help evaluate which course I should take. I would gladly pay a nominal fee for the help. I will also drive the car to your location and I am very flexible on time.

Not looking for much more than someone else's opinion. Nothing binding, no documentation required.

If anyone relatively local had time to take a look I would greatly appreciate it. Alternatively, recommendations for a shop to take a look are also welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Mike from Long Branch NJ 07740

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:14 AM