Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Shift Linkage bar Adjustment Tips
dcecc1968
post Jun 26 2017, 12:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,313
Region Association: South East States

After 9 MONTHS of letting my 914 sit in my garage (unworked on and undriven), I decided to get my two teenage boys and do a couple of small jobs I've been postponing. One of the jobs we did was to install a side-shifter transmission cover that I bought from 914 rubber 9 months ago. Part of that job is disconnecting the shift rod to slide the boot and cover on which should have involved just unscrewing the two cone screws and sliding the lower shift rod out, but somebody.... didn't look at the Hayes Manual close enough to find the second cone screw and decided to disconnect the gear shift assembly from the shift rod.

Long story short, we put it back together (boy I had heck of a time getting that original cotter-pin style locking clamp to tighten up) and then I realized that I must have rotated the shift rod differently when I re-clamped the gear shift assembly to the shift rod as I could barely get the transmission into 1st and Reverse.

Is there any advice out there for adjusting the rotation of and insertion length of the shift rod in the clamp so that all gears can be reached besides trial and error?

I would welcome any and all help.

-Don Ceccarelli
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 03:41 AM