Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Top/Frame Rubber Seal Installation, Help
jfort
post Jul 3 2017, 01:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 652
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I bought a "door-window frame to top-door" seal from 914Rubber. It's all one piece. The frame to the forward edge of the door/side windows, each side, goes in easily. It is the horizontal, leading edge of the top to frame seal that is giving me fits. There is a "C" shape that fits over the knife edge of the frame.

I read somewhere that you just have to push very hard on the back of the "C", that is, the whole seal, to get it to stay on the knife edge. I can't push hard enough apparently. I have Vasolene all over, too. (Had to get the rubber part of the seal back to surrounding the metal "C" thing that goes inside the rubber.) Is the Vasolene preventing the seal from sticking or snapping into place? There is no barb or edge on the frame/knife edge to grip the seal. What holds it in place?

Need some advice from someone who's done this. Thanks in advance.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 03:53 AM