Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Cops found it-I got my truck back, Darnit, I wanted a new one...
URY914
post May 14 2005, 06:59 PM
Post #1

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

Local police called me about 3:00pm on Friday and said they had found my truck and if I can come down now, I can drive it home. It was found with 2 other stolen cars about 3 miles from my house in an apt/townhouse complex. This area would be considered "across the tracks", if you know what I'm talking about. They took a few things that they could carry away and they took my lience tag. They didn't try to take that nice stock Dodge radio out of the dash and they left some tools I had in the tool box. Looks like they just drove it to thier 'crib and left it. The radio was set on a station that was very, shall I say "young and urban".

Sometimes I leave the driver's window lowered about an inch with the door locked. And it looks like I did this the night it was stolen. There are marks on the lock and inside the window at the lock there is a Dodge decal with scratches all over it, so they used something to pull the lock up.

Once they got inside they took the key that I leave in the air bag lock out of the dash and started the truck. Yes, you read that right, I leave a key in the dash. I've got a 9 year old that is too small to ride with the air bag on, so I turn it off when she in the pass. seat. But when they pulled the key out, they broke the a/b lock in the dash. Now I don't know if the a/b is on or off. So I need to get that fixed.

The key was not in the truck when it was found. So do I get it re-keyed? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)

Anyway, that's the story from here....

Paul (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:39 PM