Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> F/S 1975 914 Project Car, Need to sell my '75 Project Car
GP_914
post Jul 17 2017, 09:39 AM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,263
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Need to sell my 1975 project car and looking to offer it to enthusiasts before any auction or posting to others. Lot of info follows.... just want to be thorough.

Vehicle background
1975 (originally) with many conversion parts and equipment to be a track car. Bought from a mechanic that worked at Carl's Place in Las Vegas in 2006. Vehicle sat there for a few years, then after purchase ran for about 8 months until could not get the intake combination to pass emissions back then. 2006 installation of a Raby 2.2 piston kit; new valve seats; Had single barrel Weber conversion from EFI then. Have brand new carpet set (not installed); Today, dual Webers installed, but never ran with this package. Car then sat since 2006 garaged since then (currently in Indiana).

Current Vehicle state
The GOOD
Solid body (see pics), have all exterior trim and most all interior (lacking OEM seats); since vehicle was track event car a few years ago, has 3 point roll bar, locations for 5-point harness, Riviera (I believe) wheels and OEM alloys as well, oil cooler; appears to be lowered (cannot verify what was done by mechanic previously); Weber downdraft conversion (in process); rebuilt carbs; leather dashboard in EXCELLENT condition; have (2) Corbeau Clubman (I believe) seats ready to install (have modified tracks; CLEAR title

The BAD
Has not been run since 2006; known needs are completion of the throttle linkage; frozen left rear disc to pad; trunk torsion spring (have rods, but no bushings) need t install throttle cable; brake system obviously requires flush and refresh; Relay block may need some understanding or refurbishment to run...

Value
Not sure, requires a lot of work, but is solid (hell hole battery tray has only evidence of acid rust through); I have it advertised on the Indianapolis area Craigslist for $3850......need to sell real soon due to moving out of state.
Take a look at the photos; they will tell a lot. If needed, I can provide more photos or video. Car needs an enthusiast home so that it can be preserved.

http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/GP_914_2...mbed/slideshow/

Jerry

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:39 AM