Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bumblebee redo, Removing defroster vents and fresh air blower
rstover
post Jul 19 2017, 04:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,785
Region Association: Southwest Region

I hope this post helps someone because I have gotten a ot of help from others who take the time to post helpful information. I removed the right vent first and did it the wrong way.

1. Removed hoses

2. Removed 8 mm nuts from under dash.

3. Removed the easy spring clip in front.

4. Tried to remove back spring clip with 7 in straight needle nose pliers. Smashed finger, got pissed, broke plastic tab on vent.

The re do on the left side.

Bought a pair of 90 degree 11 in needle nose pliers.

1. Removed hoses

2. Removed the back spring clip 1st while everything was tight. It wasn't to hard with the right tool.

3. Removed Front clip very easy.

4. Removed 8 mm nuts from under dash.

5. The bottom of the defroster will tilt toward the front of the the car and the middle section can be lifted straight up and slid foward and out.

6. The left side will still be connected to 4 cables. I marked the location of the cable where it was attached before disconnecting. I removed the clips that hold the cable in place with smaller needle nose, sometimes a straight pair and some worked better with 45 degree pair. These square clips can and propably should be replaced so don't need to worry if one breaks. I then loosend the ends of the cable. It helps to have 2 7 mm wrenches.

I hope this helps someone. I don't feel very comfortable about my ability to post so if someone has sugestions it will be appreciated.Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rstover
post Jul 19 2017, 04:25 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,785
Region Association: Southwest Region

Attached Image

I tried to enter this in original post. These are the pliers that made it easy for me with the clip.Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:50 PM