Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pertronix problem, won't refire!
Dion
post May 16 2005, 07:43 AM
Post #1

RN

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,766
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

While coming back from a swap meet in Princeton,NJ. The teener started bucking and the tach needle flying up and down. The car would clear its throat and then continue. After a few more of these events it died.I had company while I waited for the flat bed. John I. in his Turbo'd 14 was with me.I did try changing relays with no success. Upon reaching home we took down the front belly panel and found a broken fuel pump wire.The bucking must have been the on/off contact with the pump.
After reconnecting she will not fire. I sprayed starter fluid down the intake.No spark just cranks. Any ideas? Burned up fuel pump? Pertronix fried from key in on position when the engine cut?Where to start? The motor is a 76' 2.0 with smog equip removed. Heads rebuilt 2yrs ago by Otto's less than 500 mile on the heads. New pressure sensor. New battery and starter/coil. Car ran fine till the above situation. Any and all ideas appreciated. Cheers Dion
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dion   Pertronix problem   May 16 2005, 07:43 AM
JerryP   Hey Dion, I talked to you at Hershey a few times....   May 16 2005, 08:15 AM
Mueller     May 16 2005, 10:11 AM
Dion   Hey Mike,thanks for the info I will give this a go...   May 16 2005, 07:52 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:45 AM