Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Grattan National, Race Report
groot
post May 16 2005, 11:03 AM
Post #1

Dis member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,444

Bad weekend. My fault totally, too. I ran very well on Friday considering everything. I'm finally faster than my old race car (ITB Rabbit) in this car....when it's running well. I need to go up another step in 5th gear because I was maxed out on the straight (5400 RPM and no power). Based on my data, I'm getting ~110 horsepower and 130 lb/ft of torque (peak at 4500 RPM), which isn't too bad. I'm below 100 hp and 100 lb-ft at 5200 RPM.

So, the engine started to run poorly on Sat, and I figured it was the weather change. So, I changed jets and did the emergency practice on Sun before the race. Still sucked, but even worse. So, I pulled the plugs (which looked great) and reran all of the wires, hoping it was a loose connection. No dice. So, I figured I'd run the race to try and get some points. I made it 10 laps before it really went dead. Turns out it was my battery. It was fully charged on Friday. I use a booster box to reduce the load during starting, but it needs to be charged between sessions, I've learned. I'm running a huge Optima, too. So, I learned a lot, but no points. A couple others didn't finish and I dropped out of 3rd place. I was nowhere near the pace.

I also learned that my steering rack mount is not strong enough, so I have to beef than up. The rack was moving when I turned in, creating quite a disturbing, disconnected feeling.

I still have a mystery oil leak that I need to stop, too. I've stopped many of them, but there's a high pressure oil spray on the driver's side of the engine that I can't locate. It doesn't leak in the pits.

Mid-Ohio in 2.5 weeks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:58 PM