Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paint gurus?, How to fix?
Rob-O
post Jul 25 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

Looking at this a little more, is that a trim molding at the lower edge of the red/gold stripe? If so and it runs the length of the RV and is removable that would be a great place to hide the paint line between the vertical panels that are still okay and the horizontal panel (roof) that will need to get resprayed.

As far as the stripes are concerned, it looks like tape to me. So no worries about cost of reprinting the colors. The roof would get repainted in a basecoat, then the tape applied, then cleared over. Or the tapes can be applied after the clear.

If that's not trim where the red/gold line ends, is it just a body line?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Jul 25 2017, 02:45 PM
Post #22

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

Nice coach! I'd probably scrub off as much clear coat as possible with a car wash brush every time I washed it, and live with it until I was ready to paint the whole thing. The good thing is it's way up near the top and probably bothers you more than anyone. A nice coach like that with a little peeling clear coat is way better than no coach at all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

UV is brutal. I have a friend who flips RV's and nearly every older low mileage unit needs front tires, simply from UV damage, and that's the bottom of the vehicle.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Jul 25 2017, 08:12 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

The molding strip certainly is removable...it is covering the seam between the roof and the walls/sides. I have several options before me, albeit with no numbers or teeth applied to each as of yet. Thank you all, once again, for giving my issue time and thought! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

T
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 08:49 PM