Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Back in the Saddle at the WeatherTech International Challenge, My return to Road America's great summer vintage races
vintage914racer
post Jul 25 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,473

This past weekend I participated in the WeatherTech International Challenge with Brian Redman, Road America's big annual summer vintage races. I've participated for 15-odd years, but took the past couple years off dealing with a young family, remodel projects, blown engines, etc. Needless to say I was excited to get back there this year and I had a great time. I put together a blog recap of my experience with photo and video. It can be viewed via the link below.

http://morriesheritage.com/back-saddle-wea...e-road-america/

For the click wary I also included an obligatory photo and qualifying video embed below.

Attached Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi_MGBpRj-A
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ljubodraz
post Jul 26 2017, 07:49 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,312
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Thanks for sharing. I'm jealous of your ability to race in the event. I was there on Saturday and enjoyed seeing you and the other 914s on the track.

This was only my third year attending this event so I'm still learning the ropes as a spectator. RA is a great venue and I love the fact that I can walk through the paddock and speak with the crews. I rarely bother to speak with racing crews as I fear annoying them even though they appear to welcome being approached. I'll make an effort to find you in the paddock next year. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
vintage914racer
post Jul 26 2017, 08:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,473

In my opinion, you don't get much better than this event.

Be sure to stop and say hello next time. If you're attending the Fall Festival in September I'll be there.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:18 AM