Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

93 Pages V « < 82 83 84 85 86 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cairo's (Michael) 6 - Part 2, 3.2 coming out and '95 3.6 going in...
sixnotfour
post Jun 30 2020, 03:21 PM
Post #1661

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Mint, I mean nice Green for Irish.. Fabulous..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
flyer86d
post Jun 30 2020, 04:04 PM
Post #1662

Member No.: 12,585
Region Association: North East States

Beautiful 914-6 in my favorite color. Enjoy!

Charlie
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Jun 30 2020, 06:11 PM
Post #1663

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

Mmmmmm.
Beautiful. Enjoy it Michael.
Charlie we both like Irish green, wonder why ?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Jun 30 2020, 07:02 PM
Post #1664

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991
Region Association: Southern California

Congrats, what an incredible journey and hope you get finished up soon. Looks like you've got the right crew for sure!

Then all there is to do is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Jun 30 2020, 08:45 PM
Post #1665

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

A work of art
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Jul 1 2020, 09:48 AM
Post #1666

Always Wanted A Bigger Go Cart

Member No.: 17,942

Michael, I have followed your car and at one point read all of both threads end to end to catch up on the history, going all the way back to the first post on the first thread, June 19, 2012. Seems longer but that is because so much has happened and all the detail involved. It really is not that long in the scheme of things, 8 years, when you look at what you started with and all the ups and downs that we have all experienced to some degree along the way.

The last 3 years in the right hands has really paid off! I admire you for sticking with it and that what you are ending up with is truly an amazing car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Congrats and hope you get it home soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Also hope to see this car one day.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg)

+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jul 1 2020, 11:40 AM
Post #1667

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Thanks. Pretty good chance you will see it down in LA at some point for one of the shows or events. I appreciate your kind words. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Jul 1 2020, 02:44 PM
Post #1668

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 1 2020, 10:40 AM) *

Thanks. Pretty good chance you will see it down in LA at some point for one of the shows or events. I appreciate your kind words. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

How about July 10th on the Newcomb's Ranch run?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jul 1 2020, 03:38 PM
Post #1669

Michael

I would love to be able to do that. But the timeline is really out of my control. When the guys finish it up I think I want to put some local miles on it first, change the oil/filter and adjust the valves and then it should be ready to go out for group runs, longer trips, etc. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jul 13 2020, 03:33 PM
Post #1670

Michael

A bit more progress has been made. Our toes are just back of the finish line.....
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Blue6
post Aug 1 2020, 10:41 PM
Post #1671

Member No.: 16,470

Saw some hoodlums driving your car today. Best picture I could get with an I phone 4. Can you recognize either. Both were smiling like they just committed a crime.Attached Image
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Aug 2 2020, 05:56 PM
Post #1672

Michael

OK- My Six is finished and it is beautiful (I might be slightly biased) and I love it. Jim ( @banananose914 ) Kent ( @914350 ), Andy ( @Socalandy ) and Bob, (or the Justice League as I affectionately named them) did a great job. This car looks better than new and drives like new.

My brother Bob, my cousin Phil and I drove down to Jim's on Saturday and I admit I was anxious to see my car. It has been 10 years and 5 months since I bought it.

We were tickled to hear it start and run, see the gauges working and hear that terrific 3.2 with Ben's ( @mb911 ) beautiful SS heat exchangers and muffler. We took it for a drive and I was not disappointed. It runs strong. It sounds great. It rides great. It looks terrific.

A nice surprise was Oscar ( @ValcoOscar ) showed up at Jim's and he came bearing gifts. Oscar is just a great guy. He gave me a cool 914 hat that was in shades of green, a cool 914 hoodie and 2 914 T-shirts. I don't make out like that Christmas time. Thank you Oscar I am really looking forward to one of your BBQ's where I can bring my car and let everyone get a chance to check it out.

Also Dave ( @blue6 ) was there and he has seen this project progress from the complete mess I delivered to Kent to what I consider to be one of the finest 914-6 in the country. Yeah, that's my opinion. I am sure this is not everyone's cup of tea, but that's OK. It is mine. Thanks for coming over Dave and safe travels my friend.

We put about 40 miles on it and then loaded it into the enclosed car carrier, special thanks to Chris ( @tygaboy ) for hooking me up. After loading it was time to relax for a bit and we cooled off in Jim's pool. We sat around and talked about everyone (of course) and then decided we were refreshed enough to do the 400 mile return trip home. Off we went; the drive home was very easy with very little traffic.

This morning we unloaded the car and returned the trailer to Petaluma with another big thank you to Chris.

I would also like to thank my twin brother and best friend Bob for sharing this whole experience with me. He has been there for the whole thing and I hope he drives this when I throw him the keys and enjoys the way this car runs, rides, handles and looks. I doubt I would have hung in there with this build when the going was rough (pre-LA) without his support.

Enjoy the photos guys and thanks for all of the support as I experienced Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I can't believe it has been 10 years. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Aug 2 2020, 06:07 PM
Post #1673

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241

That thing is ridiculously beautiful. I can not wait to see this car in person. Michael, you must be over the moon.

Overstating the obvious, let me say that I know you'll enjoy the heck out of your 6!
Now get out there and be a proud Papa!

And a big congrats to you.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Aug 2 2020, 06:12 PM
Post #1674

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I’m super happy for you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Aug 2 2020, 06:13 PM
Post #1675

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

Car looks great in your garage...congrats on its arrival back home (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Aug 2 2020, 06:19 PM
Post #1676

Michael

Thanks guys. And a special thanks to all of our members who offered help, parts, support and advice as I travelled this path. This World is a great place thanks to our members. I hope to be at the next 914 event in LA with my car so I can share the expertise of The Justice League with everyone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Aug 2 2020, 06:22 PM
Post #1677

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Aug 3 2020, 12:07 PM) *

That thing is ridiculously beautiful. I can not wait to see this car in person. Michael, you must be over the moon.

Overstating the obvious, let me say that I know you'll enjoy the heck out of your 6!
Now get out there and be a proud Papa!

And a big congrats to you.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

WOW (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) ,that paintwork is unreal...truly a credit to those involved.
So pleased for you after such a long rough ride to get there, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) and appreciate all the effort getting there,good luck.
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Aug 2 2020, 06:44 PM
Post #1678

Congratulations on a happy ending to the build part of the journey! Now a new chapter, so make sure you enjoy every drive (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) and we’ll see you back in SoCal!
+Quote Post
Krieger
post Aug 2 2020, 06:56 PM
Post #1679

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) Congratulations Michael! Definitely worth the wait! I can't wait to see it sometime.
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Aug 2 2020, 06:58 PM
Post #1680

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

Congratulations Michael and nice seeing parked on a beautiful garage too since it has been on a beautiful Jim’s garage for a while!

Oh it would be much better if Andy’s yellow 914-6 is included on this picture to show 3 of the sample body and paint restoration of Kent’s magic work!

Attached Image
+Quote Post

93 Pages V « < 82 83 84 85 86 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:28 PM