Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1975 914 2.0L 1-San Diego Owner. 24k orig. documented miles. Recent Refurbishment
Autokennel
post Aug 1 2017, 09:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,846
Region Association: Southern California

1975 Porsche 914/4 2.0 Roadster
Numbers Matching
Mostly 1-SoCal Owner from New
Low Original Miles
California Blue License Plates

VIN # 4752908384
ENG# 002372
24,200 Original Miles
Less than 100-miles on Mechanical Refreshening
Black (L041) on Black Leatherette w/Light Red Tartan Cloth (45)
5-Speed Manual Transmission
Straight and Dry Chassis/No Accidents
Numbers Matching
Clean and Clear California Title
Porsche Certificate of Authenticity
1-SoCal Owner from New
Original California Blue Plates with Selling Dealer Frames

Offered at $27,990

From Tom Trischler's suggestion, I started reading threads on this board a few years ago when I found my '74 2.0L. He recommended I share this 2.0L we are helping the owner sell on consignment. We haven't started listing it, so you get the first crack at it. Here are the details:

This Porsche was built on February 5th, 1975 and sold new by Alan Johnson Porsche/Audi of San Diego, California to a Ms. Judi Nations. It was ordered with the following factory options:

Equipment for California
Tinted side glass
Seat cushions in Tartan Cloth

Ms. Nations kept the 914 in her San Diego garage until she passed away in 2016. It appears that she mostly serviced the car at either Dieter’s or Black Forest and possibly the dealer when new. Due to health issues, she stopped driving her Porsche in 2001 and stored it. Last year, a close friend of the owner sold the car to the current enthusiast who thought it would be a fun father/son “light” restoration project (see pic). Besides the 1-owner part, what also appealed about this example was that it was a very original, dry, and low-mile SoCal example. Their goal was to go through the car mechanically and make it a fun and reliable driver. For the last year, the following work was performed:

Drivetrain pulled for refreshening
Motor taken to Conemac Precision Maching
Heads refinished/new gaskets
Inspect and clean pistons
Hone cylinders
Replace rings
Assemble top end
Reseal motor/new gaskets
All rubber hoses replaced
New oil return tubes
New fuel lines
Injector O-rings and hoses
Spark plugs and wires
Cap/rotor
Timing adjusted/tuned
Transmission repaired by Transaxle Engineering
Replaced first gear syncro ring and gear
Inspected gearbox, cleaned, and resealed
Swepco 701 fluid flush
Clutch throw out bearing and disc inspected
Clutch cable adjusted
CV boots/axles inspected
Alternator and smog belt replaced
Gas tank drained and flushed
Replaced shifter bushings
Major service (adjust valves, oil service, air filter)
Brakes bled and inspected
Starter replaced

While the drivetrain was out getting worked on, the owner carefully inspected the chassis and found it to be extremely dry with no signs of damage and no rust. The battery tray, “hell hole”, rocker panels, trunks, door bottoms, and other common areas prone to rust were solid and dry. Furthermore, the rest of the car appeared to be very original with just one exterior repaint that was an older high-quality job. The paint was checked with a gauge and there are no signs of filler. Just a simple repaint probably due to age. The jambs, trunks, and all other areas besides the exterior are still wearing their original paint. All badges, plates, and vin decals are original as installed by the factory. Most of the rubber also appears to be original with some slight cracking due to age. As a result, the body gaps and fitment are excellent. This car appears to have never been apart.

This 914 2.0L is in fantastic “survivor-driver” condition. The paint looks great with hardly any signs of use. All the glass is original including the windshield with its factory California compliant sticker when delivered new. The factory 4-lug Fuch wheels were recently sourced and lightly cleaned up while still preserving originality. They are wearing older tires with near full tread, but have some cracking. The brakes have over 75% life remaining. The interior is equally as nice and mostly original with the exception of the factory-correct tartan inserts that were recently sourced and installed. The rest of the interior is indicative of a low mile example. There is minimal wear throughout. The original carpets are in great shape as are the door panels. The dash is straight with one crack near the center (see pic). The targa top headliner is also original and in good shape. All the gauges function properly. Even the period radio still works. The original antenna works, but is tired. All the lights work except the interior light, reverse lights, and license plate lights.

This 914 drives extremely tight and typical of a well cared-for/low-mile vintage Porsche. The fuel injection system works great and the car fires up easily on the first try with no hesitation or smoke. It holds a smooth idle and has nice acceleration. It is surprisingly quick. The steering is precise and the car tracks straight. New tires would be a welcome addition and further enhance the handling experience. The brakes have good initial bite with no fading or pulling. This example would be great for vintage touring events, cars & coffee, or even your local PCA show event.

This Porsche has always been registered in California with the current blue license plates.

This 914 comes with original owner’s manuals/folder, Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, 3-ring binder with recent and some previous owner receipts, spare, jack, tool kit, extra keys, and original dealer license plate frames (very rare).

Full history and over 100-detailed photos at www.autokennel.com or call Paul at 714-335-4911

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MikeInMunich
post Aug 1 2017, 11:31 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 16,674
Region Association: None

Looks very nice. I only wonder why they'd replace the 1st gear synchro if it only had 20,000 miles on it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Just my 2 cents.

M.i.M.
+Quote Post
mboss
post Aug 3 2017, 03:06 PM
Post #3

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 15,173
Region Association: Upper MidWest

My guess is granny didn't know where first was and ground her up
+Quote Post
Autokennel
post Aug 3 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,846

QUOTE(mboss @ Aug 3 2017, 01:06 PM) *

My guess is granny didn't know where first was and ground her up

Yup...you got. Older women who probably drove short distances so first gear got used a lot...maybe didn't wear the best shoes.

Don't say anything, but I've noticed the same when my wife drives our '74...shhhhh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
pete000
post Aug 3 2017, 06:30 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,094
Region Association: South East States

Nice car, but not cheap. This seems to support the increase in value of the 4 's
+Quote Post
gcrotvik
post Aug 4 2017, 10:47 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 11,134
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The carpets don't look correct for a 75. If this is an early car then they may be the 74 salt/pepper style carpet but they look more gray like perlon. I've seen more 75 style carpets in late 74's rather than 74 style carpets in a 75.
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Aug 6 2017, 02:59 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Aug 4 2017, 08:47 AM) *

The carpets don't look correct for a 75. If this is an early car then they may be the 74 salt/pepper style carpet but they look more gray like perlon. I've seen more 75 style carpets in late 74's rather than 74 style carpets in a 75.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I'd say they're replacements. The binding is black. Original carpet had a dark grey binding. Seats look like they have been recovered or the vinyl is coming loose around the headrests.

Overall, though a nice car.
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Aug 6 2017, 03:53 PM
Post #8

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

Does the seller have the original bill of sale?

Thanks.
+Quote Post
Cal
post Aug 7 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 18,138
Region Association: North East States

Looks like this one has sold already....
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:50 PM