Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> alignment done but, brake prop valve bad???
MarkG
post May 17 2005, 10:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,102

Well, my $831.76 alignment is done, will be picking car up this afternoon. They had to tap the tie rod ends to get enough toe. Something is not right here .....

I still think its because of the way I incorrectly placed the bump steer spacers (I lowered the cross member rather than raising the steering rack) created a distance issue from the tie rod to the A-arm/strut, but shop believes the turbo tie rods were not threaded deep enough........

Asked them to bleed my brakes as my pedal has about 3-4" travel after I added 19mm m/c and rebuilt front calipers and replaced hoses.

They tell me the brake proportioning valve is bad.....they can hear it click which they say indicates it's bad. They were unable to help with the mushy pedal (I don't believe they bled the valve).

Soooooo..do these go bad or should I try bleeding it before replacing it (with V.W. Tee fitting....)?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
MarkG   alignment done but   May 17 2005, 10:12 AM
!   Were they able to get any fluid out the rear calip...   May 17 2005, 10:34 AM
MarkG   update: just drove it home, not as bad as I thoug...   May 17 2005, 01:28 PM
Travis Neff     May 17 2005, 01:35 PM
MarkG   Yup, gonna bleed the heck out of them.....it HAD a...   May 17 2005, 01:51 PM
Cloudbuster   Isn't the Turbe Tie Rod supposed to come with ...   May 17 2005, 01:52 PM
MarkG  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 03:18 AM