Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 1975 2L, Great condition, ton of work/upgrades done and 85% done
draganc
post Aug 5 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,000
Region Association: North East States

Contemplating selling my beloved 1975 2L 914, that I have been working on and off for the past 6-7 years.

I have realized that I’m spending much more timing building and riding motorcycles, hence a “feeler” to see if someone is interested in a 85% done car, with a lot of goodies.

Up front, I’m a very detailed orientated person and I learned my car skills at my late dad’s garage, who was a machinist and outstanding mechanic of +40 years. Hence, no short cuts were taken.

Here is the summary of all the work done:

Engine:

Completely rebuild - IMHO by the best 914 shop in the north-east – Tangerine Racing aka Chris Foley and Ed. Based on a 2L engine block.

Most of the parts have been sourced directly from the Aircooled store aka Jack Raby, such as 2056 cylinder with Keith Black pistons, 9550 cam, 911 swivel foot valve adjuster.
Balanced crank, piston, and fan. A complete rebuild and the cams have already been broken in by Chris and Ed @ CRF in CT.

Since the rebuild, the engine has been stored inside, in a dry garage, and the cylinder inside have been oiled and turned over frequently.

I also have a new starter, alternator and all cooling metal has been media blasted and painted black.

The engine comes with Tangerine header and muffler setup, which was ceramic coated when bought

The idea was to build the engine with crank fire/Megasquirt and FI ITB.

I would easily value the rebuild engine, after-market ITB and Tangerine exhaust setup at least $6-7k. All original FI parts are available.

Body:

I bought the car from the 2nd owner in south NJ and he bought the car from AZ. The story is that the original owner bought the car in NJ and moved out west to Arizona for most of the car’s live – I believe he was a Airforce pilot. I have the original Service booklet and manual.

If you look at the body pictures, the spotty red-looking surface coloration is AZ sand, not rust!

I spend many years looking at the body and identifying what needs to be fixed, respectively what can be improved.

Following typical rust items have be addressed: right hell hole, left and right jack post.

The rust damage was very limited and I would say not structural. I have detailed pics of all the repair. Also, there was a “hook/towing” damage under the driver seat, which I cut out and replaced with new metal.

All repaired areas were “cleaned” with Ospho and post-treated with “Rust Bullet” or flushed with Eastwood’s “Internal Frame Coating”.

Also, I stripped most of the fire-wall down to bare metal and used a German electro-chemical zinc plating system for protection. Followed by primer and matching L97A paint.

I had the pleasure to remove the tar sound coating and found absolutely no rust on the floor or inner longs! Everything was cleaned and covered with 2 coats of Rust bullet. BTW, the silver tone of Rust Bullet is almost a perfect match to the factory L97A Diamond Silver.

It appears that the car had one re-spray. All the body stickers are clean!

Additional body “modifications” are taps/holes for front and rear factory sway bar and heim-rod braces in the engine bay.

Besides the mentioned repairs and upgrades, the car has no visual structural rust (min surface rust) and appears to be accident free.

The car is currently on 4 jacks – what else it’s a 914 after all, and the door gaps a solid with the targa top installed or not or sitting on the ground on all 4 wheels.

Suspension/brake/driveshaft:

All new bearings (front and rear), front and rear new Billstein incl rear coil-over setup.

All new brake setup, incl 4x disk, 4x rebuild calipers with new pads incl ALL new SOFT and HARD brake lines and master cylinder (19mm) and new brake fluid reservoir incl new feed lines. rear caliper and proportion valve rebuild by PBM. All calipers have been upgraded with speed-bleed valves.

System has been gravity and pressure bleed and are filled with ATS blue.

New inner and outer turbo tie-rods, lower ball joints, front and rear OEM sway bar with new bushings.

Rebuild pedal cluster.

Most of the suspensions parts have been media blasted and powder coated.

New inner and outer CV joints.

New Continental tires on 16” ATS rims. I also have the original Pedrinis, which are about twice as heavy than the ATS.

Interior:

Original damage free windshield and no damage to the original dash, seats and back pad. Partially installed new carpet kit. I have the original salt & pepper carpet but it’s faded.

Misc.:

The wire loom appears to be OEM and in good condition. I have replaced every cable such as clutch, accelerator and speedometer.

The center tunnel is rust free and I have coated it with Eastwood’s “Internal Frame Coating”.

Gas tank has been professional cleaned, tested and resealed. I have a new fuel pump and also have installed Tangerine’s SS solid fuel lines.

Transmission:

It’s a side shifter and it was the last item on my rebuild list and I haven’t opened it yet. No exterior damage. I have a spare tail shifter for parts and some new rebuild parts.

Let me know if you are interested and we can talk about the car. Most likely I forgot the one or other items.

Last but not least, I’m asking US$11.500 for the car incl all 914 parts that I have and are open to offers.

Car is located in central NJ. Not really interested in any trade-ins, but let me know what you have.

Thanks for looking,
dc

PS: Please respect my post and everybody’s time! If you have questions about the car, ask away – I’m open and more than willing to provide further details, pics or information. But let's stay on topic here.

Stop by have a look, chat and a beer. Bring your mechanic, friend or even your hot high school girlfriend.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
draganc
post Aug 5 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #2

here are some pics:

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
draganc
post Aug 5 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #3

pics 2:

Attached Image

+Quote Post
draganc
post Aug 5 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #4

pics 3:

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
draganc
post Aug 5 2017, 08:59 PM
Post #5

pics 4:

Attached Image

+Quote Post
draganc
post Aug 5 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #6

more pics to follow, I just have to find a way to reduce the size.
+Quote Post
draganc
post Aug 5 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #7

pics 4:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
draganc
post Aug 5 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #8

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
draganc
post Aug 5 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #9

pics 6:

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
draganc
post Aug 5 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #10

I think this should be enough for the beginning:

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
draganc
post Aug 5 2017, 09:39 PM
Post #11

PS: I also have the original bumpers, door panels and door handles/locks.
+Quote Post
MikeInMunich
post Aug 6 2017, 06:40 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 16,674
Region Association: None

Just to let you know, FYI, the word "rebuilt" is spelled and pronounced with a t, not a d. Just sayin. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

GLWTS! Seems like a good deal to me!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:31 AM