Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bolster Upholstrey Install, Looking for those that have gone before me.
Ross
post Aug 9 2017, 06:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,304
Region Association: South East States

Hi Guys, do you know if there have been any postings on how to install the bolster upholstery? I checked Youtube and couldn't find any information.

Thanks for any help, Ross
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Mikey914
post Aug 11 2017, 03:33 PM
Post #2

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

This is what we send out when guys need a little help. There is a thread here I did but can't seem to find (We also stock these)
Pics of some plaid for inspiration
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...tall&st=125

914 seats are one of the most neglected parts of our cars. I’ve decided to break this process into 2 articles as I didn’t want to make a small novel on these.
Part I Side bolsters and back
The sides take much of the abuse that we dish out, every time you get in and out. They also show the damage as there is no texture. One of the most commonly damaged pieces of the seat are the side bolsters.

To get o the Bolster you do need to disassemble much of the seat but if you are careful you will be able to re assemble without damaging the center upper section.
On a scale of 1-10 this is a solid 7. It’s not that it takes any incredible skill, but it requires patience and attention to detail. Particularly when re stretching the side bolsters to get then to look right. Time required per set 3 hours for just the side and back piece. Add another hour for the back if you are going that far and another for the base, as it has a few tricks you will need to make it look correct.
Tools needed
10mm socket with ratchet – set removal
Med sized standard screwdriver
#1 Phillips screwdriver
5mm Allen socket or socket key – base removal
Small sharp knife (Exacto works well)
Automotive contact cement – Camie 313 is my preference

Optional –
new seat adjuster handle
chair to set the seat in while working
To begin, remove the seat from the vehicle utilizing the 10mm socket. This is most easily done by sliding it forward and taking out all 4 10mm bolts from the back of the seat rail. The height adjustment mechanism can sometimes bind it up a little, so you may find it helpful to pull the lever arm on the side back to disengage the front section of the seat if it will not come right out.
One the seat is removed you will need to take the base off .

Remove the 4 allen bolts with washers and set aside for later. The seat adjuster handle need not be removed unless you are replacing yours. There is a short pictorial how to on this thread on world -
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...adjuster+handle
If yours is missing, now if the time to replace it.
Once the rails are removed, you need to start to remove the old piece. The center section will need to be removed to get access to the side sections. If you keep it intact you can easily re assemble.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 07:46 PM