Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: does anyone have a, minolta dig camera?
TROJANMAN
post May 17 2005, 09:12 PM
Post #1

Looks nice in pictures.........

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,753
Region Association: None

i just bought a new camera and i can't get my software to load. i want to download some 914 to this website, but can't. if you do have one, is there a way for you to email me the software? i tried the minolta site, but i can't download software unless i have a previous version installed on my computer.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rand
post May 17 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #2

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

What operating system are you running? If a modern one (like Windows XP or Mac OS X) then you don't need extra software.

It's amazing what extra baggage the install CD will puke into your system. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/barf.gif)

If you connect the camera it should show up as a drive, and you can copy files (photos) off as if it were another disk drive.

So, what kind of computer and version of operating system are you running??
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post May 17 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #3

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

xp
i figured out how to access the pictures on the camera, but it would still be nice to have the software. thanks
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 17 2005, 09:38 PM
Post #4

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

I have one(a minolta, dimage Z1), there really wasn't any usable software with it, just the 98/ME driver and a viewer program that sux... but I wouldn't have installed anything else anyway...

admitedly though...the canon driver on my old camera was much better... it would automatically copy upon connection... the minolta doesn't, it just shows up as another drive in the "my computer"
+Quote Post
Rand
post May 17 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #5

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

Mine is a Z3. They are great cameras... the new Z5 is now the best dig cam bang for buck out there IMHO (crazy amount of optical zoom with image stabilization and... and... and...)

But again, I would not install all the extra crap that comes on the CD. There's two things you need:

1. The ability to copy photos from the camera to your computer (which Windows XP does without anything extra). It will show up as another drive on your computer as mentioned (which I prefer). Or if you prefer the automated copy on connection thing, then... *

2. Something to resize, crop, adjust photos. I use Photoshop, but there are other less-complex programs for this that are better than anything that comes on the factory CD. Such as Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro, or X... where X=many other opinions about the best simple photo-editing software...

* It depends on your answer to the first prompt... first time you connect it prompts with a window that offers several options and asks if you want to always take the same action in the future. Once you tell it to always take that action, that's what it does. But it can be changed later.
+Quote Post
xitspd
post May 17 2005, 10:12 PM
Post #6

Technology and Tradition 3.6 and 914-6

Member No.: 3,136

I am using a Konica Minolta DiMAGE X50. I did not even load the software. I used XP to download to my computer and later purchased Adobe Photoshop elements. I highly recommend buying the Adobe when the time is right. If my software is compatible with your camera, I will mail it to you. Let me know.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 12:29 PM