Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Distance to the moon . . ., going to need one of these for the 914
anderssj
post Aug 10 2017, 10:38 AM
Post #1

Dog is my copilot...

Group: Members
Member No.: 207
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I've used these on a couple of our old Volvos:

Attached Image

During my post-MX check drive today, I noticed I'm within about 150 miles of needing one for the 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

May have to see if I can get something like this made. Anybody else getting close?

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mankowski
post Aug 13 2017, 07:50 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,335
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Mine's had at least two odometer failures! A receipt from the original owner shows an odometer repair in Feb. '90 (167K) and then I repaired the gears after it stopped at 229K.

Now, there are just a few hundred more miles to go to get to the moon (currently at 236,837).

Thanks for telling us about this milestone in time for me to celebrate! And, count me in for one or two of the decals...

One of my Vanagons is getting close, too (224K). And it's odometer was broken when I bought it, so who knows how much more it may have.

And, my Tercel (245K) has been to the moon, but of course, lots of those make it there (and no broken odometers).

Most of my free time seems to go to keeping these vehicles running for their trip back to Earth!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:05 AM