Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Weber Jet Sizes?, Is there a "ballpark" starting point?
Porsche Rescue
post Jul 4 2003, 01:48 PM
Post #1

Saving and Enjoying Old Porsches

Group: Members
Member No.: 64
Region Association: None

Can someone tell me the proper jet/emulsion tube sizes for Weber 40's on a near stock 2.0 (has "carb" cam but don't know specs)? So far I have only checked the idle jets and they are 45's. The engine runs OK but I think it could be better. There is a bit of a stumble at slack throttle around 3000 rpm. I think that is about the point of transition from idle circuit to main circuit. Any suggestions out there?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Porsche Rescue
post Jul 4 2003, 05:34 PM
Post #2

Saving and Enjoying Old Porsches

Group: Members
Member No.: 64
Region Association: None

28 mm venturis. Guess I better tell the whole story.
I decided to use the carbs which came with a broken 1.7 high compression race motor which came with my car, instead of the new, never used Webers which came with the fresh (19 year old) completely rebuilt 2.0 which is now in the car (confused?). I just looked at the new carbs. They have 36 mm venturis, 50 idle jets. Carbs on the car are 32 v's with 45 idle jets. Haven't yet looked at the other jets/tubes. Can't believe there can be that much difference in venturi size in 40 idf's used on 914 engines, 1.7 or 2.0. The throttle plates in the ones with the 36's look huge compared with the 28's. Car runs pretty well but maybe I shouldn't be using carbs from a 1.7 racer rather than the ones which came with my new 2.0. Tell me more!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:53 PM